or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Agreed. I haven't purchased one in years, but I also found that Dries was one who offered a nice product at a fair price (compared to the "big" brands).Overall, with minimal stuff, this is exacerbated by the fact that it "looks" exactly the same on the store shelf. Unless you have a microscope to analyze thread counts or count stitches on a hem, you really can get sold on a mid-range item thinking it's almost as good as the original. You only realize the difference on...
FW13 Joseph Abboud Red by Bernardo Rojo Going back to look forward? A return to another fashion time with greater ease and greater accessibility. The Abboud brand is back with a vengeance. No longer the Buick LeSabre of the fashion world, a conservative “starter suit” for a man bridging department store with designer, Abboud is positioning itself as a new American luxury brand with a wide range of styles and pricepoints. They also have a new designer, Bernardo Rojo,...
^They range from 600-1200 euros, so perhaps $800-1500, with this 24hr bag being toward the top end. I can't say exactly that's what it would be in a US store, given tariffs, store premiums, etc. In any case, it is definitely a premium brand, though I feel the prices are fair for the level of quality. Keep in mind a comparable bag like this from Gucci, Prada, or ferragamo would be $2500+. Lv's Naxos 24hr bag is $4200 or so when I saw it in the stores a year or two back....
Thanks! I liked both the bag and the brand. Good bag pics are notoriously hard to take, so I don't have any from the booth at Pitti, but it's worth a perusal of their website to check them out. I found that they weren't too stuffy/SAB territory, but then again weren't too casual like a "fashion" bag. They rode a fine line between functionality and style.I also like that it was a bag brand I didn't know well; I'm happy to see a number of new brands outside the major...
Serapian Cashmere Collection 24hr Bag: Dressed up or down, a great collection of soft leather bags for work or travel. New for FW13 is the “Cashmere” leather collection from Italian maker Serapian, a line of soft leather bags and accessories in a number of styles and colors. The flagship of the line is their 24-hr bag in dark chocolate leather. Context for the Season: With price increases, currency fluctuations, and legal loopholes allowing for opaque, even dubious...
A(LeFrude)E: One part Lanvin, two parts LL Bean, and a dash of Issey Miyake for flavor The best part of a show like Pitti Uomo are the complete surprises: brands one sees for the first time that give a refreshing take on something classic, or a unique vision assembling familiar materials in a new way. One such surprise for me was A(LeFrude)E (pronounced “ah-le-froo-duh”), a Japanese brand designed in Tokyo by Daisuke Sano. Looking at his FW13 collection, I saw...
How long have you had the coat/where did you get it? The tough thing about Ferre is that dating a piece is made difficult by tons of diffusion lines, changing suit labels/production, etc. This one is tagged "Studio," which hasn't been in production for quite a while. It was one of the better diffusion lines, but still marks the jacket as being fairly vintage (1990's?) There has been a lot of unsold vintage deadstock from these lines distributed out there... most...
Thanks for this link! Aside from the slightly frightening model wearing the stuff, it does a good job of showing the fit and the relatively accessible pricepoints. BUT, they definitely are the kind of garments most appreciated in person; if I simply saw them on a model I'd be unimpressed. Seeing (and touching) them in person, I quickly became a fan.
Yes, I think they do; look at the second pic (with the model in the red coat); you'll see the shoulder strap hanging down.
Unfortunately I don't have a stockist list, at least not yet (probably closer to FW13 being in stores such a list will get distributed)The brand itself is Spanish, but I'm not 100% sure that everything is made there. In any case, for the price, I found it good quality and well designed.