or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

^Very cool! I remember Dior (by Galliano) some seasons back did bags and such in fish skin, though Salmon or some other variety I'm not sure. I'm surprised there aren't more fish-leather items; what I saw sort of reminded me of python in that it was lightweight, relatively thin/papery, and had neat patterns in the scales. You'd think it would be relatively affordable, given how much fishing there is out there... but I'd be interested in hearing a tanner's point of view...
Possibly, but Coach will factor into that $500 price the cost of its exorbitant rent in Tokyo, London, Paris, its advertising budget, etc. So, a $500 Linjer and a $500 Coach are probably not going to be the same animal, so just "cheaper" pricewise shouldn't be the only consideration. Keep that in mind...
^Yes, a vertical messenger would be lovely. I agree!
Good one. Sad about the publication history of that one, though. :sigh:
Agree with those who mention a slightly wider soft briefcase. I didn't see it in your offerings, but you might also consider a zip-top reporter style bag (basically a messenger but without the flap). I actually HATE flap messengers for my own use; that flap is always getting in my way. A zip top easy access reporter bag is my "go to" cross-body/shoulder bag. Next, I didn't see your color offerings, but I'll also throw out there that gray is probably my favorite color...
Excellent; I think you guys have the right outlook, the right planning, and the skills (and smarts!) to make this work. You've definitely done your homework and have looked at it at all angles. Can't wait to check out some of the products when they are ready.It'll be fun to read this thread in 3-4 years after you guys have hit it big and are too famous and busy to talk to us forumites (haha j/k!) We can get to e-namedrop you and say "remember when." ps; I've also...
Good luck with the job hunt; ENJOY your downtime.'CN scents are pretty good, for a fashion house. I had Scent, the "fresh" one, Scent Intense, and the parfum (red bottle) one. All were nice. I must have tried "21" at one time but can't place it at the moment.I did Shalimar EdC today; a great one for a man on a late summer/early fall day. Don't let the name fool you; it's perfectly unisex.
This thread is old and dead, but the other night I was reading through Gore Vidal's "USA" for the however-many time and just can't recommend it enough to those who want wit, snark, and whimsy within 1000 pages of somewhat affected prose.
+1. I'd need to/love to see one in person and give it a full going over.I'm a big fan of Bea at AiP, of course (given the threads/posts I've made about her), but it's definitely a different market/client than this. Even still, this is exactly what the bag market needs, assuming that everything can fall into place. I've been at a loss to recommend to younger friends/new graduates/etc. looking for a nice, affordable, classic bag what brands meet the criteria. It's a...
A new SF affiliate is offering some interesting, well made bags at fair prices. Definitely appears to be worth a look: http://www.styleforum.net/t/417448/linjer-leather-goods-official-affiliate-thread/0_100