or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

I've posted these before, but just in an effort to get us posting/chatting again... I thought I'd put a few of my favorite "all time" bags. Some of these I actually owned, others I just wanted. None of them are particularly PRACTICAL, but like a great fashion collection, sometimes you can love something that isn't functional. Feel free to add a few of your own: 1. LV S/S 2007 "Soana" Kangaroo bag, made from Kangaroo leather. 2. Gianfranco Ferre AW 2006 and Spring...
Good plan. I don't know the market in the UK/current pound conversion, but were the suit mine (and here in the USA), I'd probably start it fairly low ($99 maybe) and see what happened. You probably won't get back what you paid, but at least you didn't pay the $1800-2000 retail.As GBR hints above, Prada, Gucci, and the other 'big' brands these days are pretty much saturated for the staple items (black suits, for example); they've been putting these out every season for...
Probably best placed in the "ask a question/get an answer thread." Looks like a Belvest-made Prada that was sold at Mario's (which is a high-end department store in the Northwest USA). Assuming it's in great shape and hasn't been substantially altered... you might get a coupla hundred bucks. Definitely you won't get anything even remotely close to retail. Probably ebay is the best bet, and I'd do a search for COMPLETED listings for prada suits. I say "completed"...
All great points, DV. re: CK Collection, maybe the issue is the "VW Phaeton dilemma:" most people don't want to pay $75,000 for a VW, even a really fantastic one. Luxury buying (whether an expensive tote, fur sandals, or a premium car) is never a wholly rational experience; as you note, most customers want something for $2,000 that feels exclusive. It's not just about quality, durability, or design. Tom Ford has made himself a near-billionaire based on just this...
Are you serious, Gucci? Really? $3300 for this? And we wonder why everybody's mostly stopped looking. http://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/gucci/leather-bag/512065
Same! I was just thinking how ready I am for that navy portfolio. Soon it will be time to pull out the linen jackets... and my favorite one is a rumpled, frumpy, grouchy navy. Can't wait to pair it up with the portfolio.I'm sure the Linjer folk are operating on zero sleep as they finalize the logistics for everything... so we should come out in support of them and wish them the best. It's TOUGH to arrange everything... there is no "one stop shop" for production. You...
Calvin Klein Collection has long been one of my favorite brands; it's hard to call it "under the radar" but even still among the big brands it tends to get overlooked. One reason has been that it's notoriously hard to find unless you lived in LA or NYC. It seems like they are trying to do something about that; in addition to being stocked by some major retailers, they finally have established an online presence with their current season...
Ah! Another chance, Such whimsy notwithstanding, I miss teh RJ. Robot begs for love Skyward winter snows descend Who the F*$& ARE you?
^Tooklookbook
Agreed. Jeez. That's like buying the whole "OZU COLLECTION" from Criterion for a single weekend. The original Givenchy Monsieur for me today... the crisp hesperides masterpiece.