or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Yes, I had the same issue with my Givenchy. It's good to send a bag off to a good home rather than just keep it in the closet HOPING you'll use it. In my experience, if you don't use a bag within six months, you ought to just admit it's not a great fit and move on. In any case, I'm sure somebody here will take it off your hands.Cheers!
Several members asked me to try out AZZURAA, another recent SF affiliate offering leather bags. I did and wrote up a review, attached below. Take a look if interested: http://www.styleforum.net/t/476764/the-rachford-files-vol-2-azzuraa-leather-bag-test-drive/0_100 Here is the bag I tried out; I know it's probably not everybody's style... but that's the point of bespoke. You get something you've always wanted to try, but couldn't get (or afford) elsewhere. It's a...
^Maybe we posted at the same time, but I asked the exact same thing above. In other news, lately we've been trying to talk about what constitutes "value," but specific examples that are good comparisons for what we mean by "bang for buck" have been hard to show. Hermes doesn't make sense; they aren't good "bang for buck," but then again the quality is outstanding. Even a top-line Prada model is expensive, but still a pretty well done bag. Brands like Etro or Missoni...
Now I know what really killed Robert Palmer.
Had a chance to try out the ordering/design process and examine a sample bag. I'm very satisfied and am attaching a link to the full review below. I admit it's a pretty long read, but I think it's important for those interested in going bespoke (whether with Azzuraa or any other maker) to understand what it all entails, to do a lot of preparation/homework, and to reflect carefully on their needs before embarking. Anyway, my overall assessment is that for the right...
A little more about the design of the bag. More than 20 years ago, LV did a very fun Tri-color Noe bag in Epi. It was too small, too "purselike," and was only made for a limited time. BUT, I wanted the "feel" and fun of that bag, but in a different style and leather type (don't get me started on why I hate the EPI printed leather style). I wanted the SHAPE of the Gianfranco Ferre AW09 "tall" duffle (see bottom right bag). This exact bag is not made anywhere... hence...
Azzuraa is a new SF Affiliate who provides custom leather goods and shoes at affordable prices. They offered me a test drive and I'm happy to report my findings. I admit it's a fairly lengthy/involved read, but I think it's important for anybody considering bespoke (whether with this brand or any other) to know what it all involves and how to go about enjoying the process. Affiliate...
That didn't take long (haha).Out of curiosity, what's not for you about the bag? Impulse buy? Do you just not need a work/briefcase style bag?I remember when I was in my early-20's I got a really awesome, stellar-quality (made in France) Givenchy briefcase. Beautiful. BUT, it was just a little too formal for my job at the time... which really didn't need a briefcase. So, I sold it.Anyway, I'm just curious why you want to get rid of it so soon.EDIT; I see you mentioned...
Edit; moving it over to the manbag thread!
When you deal with a master artisan, whether it's for a kitchen cabinet, sportcoat, bed, set of dishes, or a leather bag... you are going to pay for their experience and talent. Though expensive, you should consider that the same level of workmanship from any major brand from Prada/Gucci to Hermes would be 3-4x's what Bea charges.