or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Cab driver eats an orange! (the best descrip I've read of Bigarade). I still think his work at TDC is some of his best. Bois d'iris is really superlative, and though much more "quiet," Osmanthus as well.DZING! for me today.
Interesting additions over the years.That's a nice list. Especially the Villoresi... there are several from his line I'd add, from Sandalo to Piper Nigrum.I'm always curious, from these lovely niche lists, how many users have sampled the old classics in their best form... the Shalimar extraits, the Vol de Nuits, Cuir de Russie Parfum, etc. They take some legwork (basically going to a Chanel flagship or Guerlain store)... but most are still detectable even in...
I feel that way with Chant d'aromes. Hermes Concentre Eau d'orange Vert tonight. Wanted something bright and fun. I've probably had 10 bottles of the original EdC over the years, but still enjoy it. I can spritz the shit out of it and it never really stays long enough to offend.Though in truth, after one explores a Roudnitska take on the citrus note (either in Eau Fraiche, Diorella, Mario Valentino Ocean Rain, or the original Eau Sauvage), anything else seems a little...
Good choice.And a trip to the wine cooler.
That's great! I agree that there are very few (even among my favorites) that I could say are STUNNING. Many I like, even love, but stunning is rare. Jicky, Diorella, etc. are amazing creations... but I wouldn't really call them stunning. The one that pops in mind for me that did that as a recent scent was Portrait of a Lady. Another probably is the vintage Patou JOY extrait... that intensity of rose is, well... stunning.
That would be a good chance to sample some of the vintage juice, for those who maybe haven't had it before. Gives a nice opportunity to see what we've all been talking about these years without having to mortgage the house. Thanks for posting it!The Jicky, MItsouko, and Vol de Nuit Extrait samples (at 40% off) are a good bargain. I've got more than enough, so I won't be ordering. But, it's definitely worth a try.Speaking of, I think I'll do Vol de Nuit today.
Yes, that's a nice one; a rarity in the spectrum of masculine florals. It also amazes me that they retained the name for the awful, boring "Ultramarine" version that you used to find absolutely everywhere on the cheap.I decided to play today layering Jardins de Bagatelle with Cartier Declaration. Before one goes, "WHAAAAT?" the Jardins has a neroli/orange blosson on top of the florals, while the Cartier has a sharp orange top with the cumin base. SO, interestingly the...
Lalique makes some lovely scents. I always liked this one (and, as I talked about often, Eau de Lalique was a favorite spring/summer scent).L'heure bleue Parfum for me today. NOT my favorite Guerlain from this period, but still so wonderful and unique. It's one of those that after so many wearings over the years, I still don't really think I "get" completely. Not a bad thing... but a lot of fun to sniff throughout the day.
Same exact thing here. Late meeting out near O'Hare that didn't get out in time.
Welcome to Guerlain. Why they are regarded as the best in haute parfumery is exactly for this reason... they create a singular olfactory "experience," divorced from individual notes. Of course you can pull out elements from the famous blends... Shalimar with vanilla and civet, Bagatelle with white florals... but in truth they all blend together to create something different, that just IS what it IS.Enjoy it!!!