or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

I think you did ok. Many of the "entry level" dunhill bags I saw a season or two back weren't made in Italy; I'm glad yours is (or is at least marked that way... but Italy has some sketchily flexible laws when it comes to allowing 'made in' on its items).That price is a good one; honestly I wasn't thinking anybody would be able to get one less than half retail (which at ~$500 still seemed way too much to me) at least until it had been out for several seasons. One rarely...
Yeah, for $110 I'd say it's probably worth it. You don't get a lot for $100 that's in good condition, so I'd say you did a good job (assuming of course it's authentic... there ARE Dunhill fakes out there). I can't imagine how they could sell a current season bag for that steep a discount... even if that price might be what it's worth.As for what I hated about it... basically everything. The stiff, plasticky leather, the chintzy hardware, the "meh" lining, the tacky,...
So many new bag brands on the forum in the past few months it's tough to keep up! I hope you guys can take over a little bit, take a look at their wares, and post reviews! I've about reached saturation... so I'm hoping others will chime in. So great to see so many new brands fitting into that much needed niche of mid-priced/good quality here in the USA (or North America).
Brand YUKINO x UNITED ARROWS United Arrows is sort of like the Japanese Barney's; it's an upscale department store featuring many world brands, as well as a nice line of self-branded goods. This particular briefcase was a collaboration with the Japanese leather maker YUKINO. I paid ~$425 for it in the summer of 2012 at the United Arrows store in Nagoya, Japan. I'm now living back in the USA and need to free up the closet space. Material: Navy grained calf with cream...
Agreed... though I think "oxblood" has a nicer ring to it.
Pretty much same here. I really hate the feeling of anything in my clothing pockets (pants, jacket, etc), so I keep pretty much everything in the bag.Today, for example I'm using my AiP tote and have inside:(1) A4 sized portfolio (inside goes papers, notebook, datebook, etc. (2) smaller zip pouch/clutch (like 10X6 inches) that holds keys, pen case, phone, USB in a little clamshell case, etc; (3) a water bottle, and (4) a zip/long wallet.If I know I'll be walking a lot or...
Sorry for the multi-edited wall of text here; I want to choose my words carefully in order to be clear and not cause drama.To your first point, AiP is only about half the price of Hermes at US Retail. At the time of having my bag made in late 2010, I felt it was worth the price. Would I feel that way now knowing she wouldn't be the one making it? No, honestly. I'd probably only do it if there were a substantial reduction in the price. Would I be really disappointed if...
This is true, though from what was posted above it looks like there is some machine-stitched stuff there as well.Of course, I don't expect that Bea should have to chain herself to her leatherworking stand until she's 100 years old; I'm glad she's gotten to a position and customer base that will allow her to train others while hopefully getting a little more freedom to enjoy the fruits of her labor.That being said, I've never really considered her shop a "brand," such that...
Herz is a good brand and I haven't really seen many bags like the one you are posting. You might try a custom job from one of our new affiliates, Azzuraa.http://www.styleforum.net/t/459017/azzuraa-bespoke-leather-goods-official-affiliate-thread/0_100#post_7837953I did a travel bag and was pleased with the results. Pricing might also be quite close to the HERZ, but fully customized to your specs.Yes, Ferragamo is (IMHO) one of the worst bang-for-buck/quality-to-price...
Wow, thanks for that updated information. I have to admit that IS rather disappointing. Much (if not most) of the fun was working directly with her, getting her insights and ideas, and her own personal touches here and there.Oh well! While I'm sad to hear this, I'm glad that she will be passing on her knowledge and talents to another generation.