or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

This thread is old and dead, but the other night I was reading through Gore Vidal's "USA" for the however-many time and just can't recommend it enough to those who want wit, snark, and whimsy within 1000 pages of somewhat affected prose.
+1. I'd need to/love to see one in person and give it a full going over.I'm a big fan of Bea at AiP, of course (given the threads/posts I've made about her), but it's definitely a different market/client than this. Even still, this is exactly what the bag market needs, assuming that everything can fall into place. I've been at a loss to recommend to younger friends/new graduates/etc. looking for a nice, affordable, classic bag what brands meet the criteria. It's a...
A new SF affiliate is offering some interesting, well made bags at fair prices. Definitely appears to be worth a look: http://www.styleforum.net/t/417448/linjer-leather-goods-official-affiliate-thread/0_100
When I see that I've been here for a decade and have written 14,000+ posts... it sort of makes me a little depressed. J/k! Imagine all the things I could have done with that time. Learned to play the banjo. Written 1000 sonnets. Finally finished reading "Clarissa."J/k but please keep us posted here with your new products and feel free to use this as a "sounding board" for ideas. There is a lot of noise here, of course, but there is also a very strong, knowledgeable...
Looks nice! I'll definitely be looking closer at these. I may post a link over on our MANBAG thread so readers there can take a gander. My only caution to you as somebody who knows a thing or two about a manbag, taking a page from the Lambertson Truex men's collections, is that there comes a point after the initial "splash" when well made, affordable minimal bags need a second "push" to keep customers coming back. I LOVED LT before they went under and often listed them...
+1. For those reading these threads who have never done one, interviewing is REALLY hard. I applaud your candor here. When we read published interviews they often seem so effortless and conversational... but it's REALLY hard to strike the right balance on so many fronts. You want to chat but also get information. You have to be a strong voice but not overpower them so it ends up being 90% interviewer, 10% interviewee. You have to be prepared but also not so...
I think it was a good interview and you did a good job keeping it interesting without coming off as a "fanboy." I'm glad that we are having more of these interviews and discussions, as they raise our profile while also giving us more first-hand information/primary source material. I'm also glad people are talking positively about Lardini... a brand I've always thought did nice stuff... without just making fun of the name (I remember in discussions past the inevitable...
It's not a "grand" scent in the Guerlain or parfum tradition, for sure. Instead it's a very nice gentlemanly classic chypre great for work/meetings and professional settings. I definitely wouldn't wear it to an exciting event... but then again I wouldn't really wear Vega or Tabac Blond to a conservative conference meeting. Unfortunately I don't know what it's worth outside the USA. IIRC it goes for about $75 here for a full bottle at the store, and typically you can get...
This is fair, though I disagree with your first sentence. I don't really see that there is a direct connection between a private individual behind a brand and the brand itself such that criticism of one necessarily implies criticism of the other. His persona was his brand.OR, if the brand/persona idea isn't clear, perhaps it's almost like criticizing an actor playing a role. We could say X actor was a wanker in a certain film, but that really doesn't carry over to who...
Oops, sorry, I meant the FATE MAN. I heard of George Sand. I had most of the MPG line over the years... some I liked, some I hated. Never one that really just went POW. Centaur was like a cat pissing on a box of powdered jello. Racine was like a cat pissing on cat piss. parfum d'habit was ok... but it got really bad reactions from those around me. More on that later.