Posts by rach2jlc

^Some nice ones yesterday/today. Got a sample of Jo Malone Tobacco/Mandarine today (from the limited edition "Bloomsbury Set.") It's nice and gives me a momentary blast of the original Guerlain Vetiver's wonderful tobacco note... though it's far less interesting and ultimately stays fairly linear along the line of its name. Maybe worth a bottle if only because there isn't a lot out there like it, that takes the tobacco note without making it too resinous or heavy.
Trying to weed through my library. I no longer need my complete edition of the PEPYS diary, paperback edition published by Ucali press. Volumes I-IX are the diary itself, Vol. X is a commentary, and Vol XI is a complete index. CONDITION: In good shape, no markings in the text or missing pages. Some spine creasing from general reading. A nice edition of this classic work; typically a full edition costs $300+ ($30+ dollars per volume). Get mine much cheaper. Price:...
Haha yes! Guerlain L'instant PH EdP (formerly "extreme") today. Forgot how much I love this one in cooler weather. Warm, rich, fresh, yet gourmand-ish. Even after a dozen years, it still satisfied and always gives me some new facet to explore.
Need more commentary on some of these new scents; it looks like lots of good ones out there.
For something I consider a GOOD value... last week I took delivery of a bag from SARTOLANE, a Poland-based leather maker that has been around for a few years. Small and family owned, they show at Pitti and a few other places. Really nice bags for the money ($600-900, or 500-800 euros); nice hardware and lining, good weight/feel to the leather. I especially recommend doing the "Patina" briefcase, where you start with a neutral base and can request a custom color pattern...
Most of their recent bags I've seen are made in Turkey (or at least not in England). I find them wildly, ludicrously overpriced for what they are... though admittedly I like the styling. I've read that they are trying to bring back manufacturing to England to reinforce their history/image... but still you are paying a lot for what is really nothing all that extraordinary. Same as virtually any other "major" brand.
Interesting; I haven't tried this one. Loving (or at least respecting) most everything CdG, I shall have to check this out.L'aP Bois Farine for me today. It makes an interesting comparison to, say, Mechant Loup. It takes out the honey/sweet from the Mechant yet retains that nutty, woody base. Throw in some spice and it manages to stay fascinating, while never turning sweet. Sort of like how Malle Vetiver Ext can create a complex experience without ever taking you...
Bois Farine (L'aP) for me today. Revisiting it after several years. Forgot how much I love the L'aP "Journey" scents (Timbuktu, Traversee, etc)
Thanks! It's a great jacket that is too nice just to sit in my closet (I have four Corneliani unstructured jackets... this one I just haven't worn/don't need!)
I have three CORNELIANI jackets up for sale. All are the same size; they are my own jackets (I'm a standard 38R/slim fit and these fit great). 1) Corneliani "ID" new With tags men's cotton blend unstructured/lightweight jacket. SIZE: 48IT, or close to a 38R slim fit jacket. COLOR: slate blue. MATERIAL: Blend of cotton/silk/linen. RRP: $1120 CONDITION: New with tags. Approximate measurements: Shoulders: 17 inches; chest (pit to pit): 19 inches; length (collar to hem): 31...