or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

They do that sometimes. Like the transmission on an old Ford, they sometimes refuse to catch second gear.
I wanted up update this thread with a review of a pair of shoes I received from AZZURAA. I've had a chance to wear them for a week or two and wanted to respond about the product and the process. Style: "Pinus" Oxford punched cap toe shoes Size: Bespoke Color: Cinnamon calf exterior; black kid lining Price: $429 Website: http://www.azzuraa.com/ Executive summary: Worth it? YES. Especially for those who have non-standard sized feet or substantial differences between...
Brand: TRUSSARDI 1911 by Milan Vukmirovic Season: A/W 2010 Bag: Camouflage Shopper Tote in coated canvas/suede with canvas lining Retail: $1500 Condition: GOOD Measurements: 17X15X5 Selling my Trussardi men's camo shopper tote. The "classic" tote from the Vukmirovic tenure that was featured in multiple seasons from 2008-2012. I love it but just don't use it anymore and have too many other totes in the closet. In good shape, shows only basic wear from use but nothing...
My folks had a Datsun just after they got married as their first car. Yes, one would never imagine based on that experience that they were the same company today making cars people are really EXCITED to buy. Overall, I think the story of the Japanese automakers is one of the most fascinating in business. It's pretty old by now, but Halberstam's "The Reckoning" is a pretty neat read (about Ford and Nissan in the late...
It's interesting psychologically to gauge one's reactions; to me too my first thought was to balk at $50k for a Hyundai. BUT, I'm old enough to remember the days when a Toyota and a Honda were cheap cars you bought because of gas or because you couldn't afford a better one, and Subarus were about as sexy and cool as a wheelbarrow (and about the same size). My neighbor's son growing up had a "Justy," a car that is just as ugly as its name.ps my favorite still is the Mazda...
And here I am complaining at $2.80 for premium (93 octane) here in the Southern USA. Fuel economy is also pretty good on my V8; I average about 24mpg on the highway.I wish we had access to the Daimlers and some of the alternative engines/options here in the USA that Britain and Europe have, especially on the XJ40 (like those pictured below). They tended only to put the premium options here (leather, wood, all the electronic crap, and the biggest/newest engines). I'd...
Thanks! And you are correct; it's the X308 with the 4.0/V8. Doing some research, she was one of the last to roll off the line in late 2002 before they switched over to the X350 platform.The "thinner" the cigar the better, in my book (haha). Not that I could afford one, but even still the newer XJs do little for me stylewise (even though feel/drive/quality apparently is excellent). I was in college for the last of the XJ40s and X300s; it was love at first sight.I...
Never posted in this thread (AFAIK). For my daily driver, we have a safe and economical Subaru... but during good weather I have Edith ('03 Sovereign). She's the only woman in my life; beware the mollusk.
^Agreed. The Valextra printed/textured leather isn't my favorite of all leather types out there, but it's not bad. I've had several pieces in it over the years. I've noticed no major difference in quality from them, either, with their increased distribution/popularity, so at that price it's well worth it.
No good recs for the above, but for my own summer use I like interesting textile prints and materials. Soft, slouchy, relaxed fabric, canvas, straw, thin suedes or woven patterns, etc. Etro, BV, Marni (hello DesignerValet!) and Missoni do really wonderful Spring/Summer bags that are great for the beach, for travel, or for the Mediterranean. The older Vukmirovic-designed Trussardi 1911 are also fun.