or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

My experience with PH is ancient history... and I recall it did nothing for me. It reminded me of Coriolan, which (at the time) was available for pennies and had a nicer, earthier kick.If you want Chamade, you have to go with the original, which is what I was wearing above. The PH fetches high prices because it's discontinued, but it was something of a flop when it came out in the 1990's and, like me, I think most people said, "why bother?" and "meh." Some things you...
70 degrees, sunny with a light breeze. FINALLY time for some Chamade (parfum). Doubt she's made an appearance on this thread in a long time. If you smell it on a strip, I guarantee you gents will think it a scary floral feminine one... but try it on your skin. It's amazing, soft, subtle, and warm for spring and fall.
Just wanted to bump the thread. After seeing some absolutely beautiful rucksacks in Hermes' SS13 collection (price more than a good used Prius), I'm thinking of commissioning Bea again for a custom bag made to my specs. Anybody in the market for a superlative bag in the $3-5k range with the time/interest/willingness to go bespoke should contact her and chat. My bespoke tote is holding up very well and even better now broken in than when new. I simply can't imagine why...
Me too. It's tough to get any leather Hermes bag for less than $5000, so my initial hunch on pricing would be $8-11k.That's just a guess, though, so I hope anybody who has definitive info will chime in.
Absolutely gorgeous SS13 rucksacks from Hermes. The good news? Finally a rucksack/backpack that is superlative, beautiful, functional, and will last long enough to pass on to your grandchildren. The bad news? It will cost more than their first car. (sorry if they've been posted already; I've not had a chance to read the thread in a while)
Please enclose a pic of the inside label. Is it Calvin Klein Collection (made in Italy) or regular Calvin Klein? CK line? They are all different. From the luggage tag in the first pic, it looks more like CK Calvin Klein. THANKS!
Nothing all that dramatic. Just life changes, more IRL responsibilities, some of my forum friends (eg Teh RJ, GoSurf, et al) going into the hinterlandz. Once you go away for a bit, you come back to find you no longer get the jokes.It's somewhat like getting rid of your TV... the first week is tough, but six months down the road you find that you no longer wonder much what is happening. A year or more later you find that largely you've forgotten what it was you were...
In a perfect world without $$$ considerations, I'd have simply Jicky parfum, Portrait of a Lady, Parfum de Therese, and Diorella. I can make a convincing case (IMHO) for why those four can encompass all that is possible in the realm of parfumerie, masculine and/or feminine..
Merci. BUT, honestly, it may be hard for some "old readers" to believe, but I'm down to less than ten scents these days! Pretty much, these days, all I use are Chamade, Jicky, Diorella, Miss Dior, JHL, n22, and for fun an old bottle of "Ocean rain."Each solves a certain fragrance "problem:" Chamade for florals. Jicky for orientals. Diorella for fresh/crisp scents (Eau sauvage, Eau d'hermes, etc.), Miss Dior for Chypres (Chanel pour homme, Tiffany Men, etc.), n22 for...