or Connect

Posts by rach2jlc

Nothing about it looks authentic, other than that it has sleeves and buttons. The logo and font on the jacket looks off. The black plastic bag is off. The material/styling looks off. And the seller appears to be a bookstore. The auction listing says "Collezioni." My guess is the seller has no idea what he/she has. Avoid. Please also be advised there is an established authentication thread and also a "ask all quick questions here" thread. You will probably get...
Thanks. I thought it looked like a SAB. Most of these pics are just ones I've had collecting in a PC folder for the past decade, so while most I organize with a brand name somehow that one got saved as a random file.
I posted this over on the LINJER thread, but in an effort to come up with WEEKENDER/DUFFLE ideas, I've been going through some of my old pic folders/files on my laptop. Found this interesting style from Gianfranco Ferre by Lars Nilsson (AW2008). That was a really neat season, but didn't get much attention. One, Ferre himself had JUST died earlier that year. Two, the collection was VERY $$$... more than most of the other collections, but was very subtle so didn't get...
Back in my early Japan days 10-15 years ago, I was really interested in that whole style (Yohji, CdG, Miyake, Carpe Diem, LMAltieri, et al). My interest started to fade only because the styles never worked for my wardrobe and finding the tiny hidden shops was a chore (since I never planned to buy the stuff myself). SO, I have a lot of respect for the construction, cuts, especially fabrics/leathers... but my knowledge is pretty limited. As for the bags, unfortunately...
I found a few pics of the two versions of this bag I had. The handles were tubular/rolled leather handles. Interior was open with a zipper pocket and fabric lining. These two below are the same as the white one posted above, only in a different leather variety.Gray Blue:Black:I also had this Ferre version from AW2008 (the stellar season by Lars Nilsson that nobody bought because it was too subtle and $$$... and after which he was promptly fired). I don't necessarily...
That's a very interesting insight; it's exactly the kind of info I had in mind. BUT, I'm wondering if perhaps what I wrote may not be true for your SF CUSTOMERS, but may still ring true for the average SF MEMBER.I feel we are talking about/considering very different groups. I'm meaning more the buyer of a RTW bag, or the kind of member who comes here with little knowledge beyond name-brands. Or, to use the MC Suit Lingo... comes here thinking that Armani or Hugo Boss...
Sounds lovely! Is it the RL one with the large brass/gold lock on the front?I had two versions of this GF bag... a petrol blue and a charcoal/black. They ended up getting zero use for international travel... so on they went.As I mentioned, there really is (by necessity) very little variation in a weekender. That being said, God is in the Details. I like this style because it's slightly TALLER than the ubiquitous LV Keepall/Prada V20 and so looks less like a glorified...
Thanks! But, to be honest, the main reason I start these threads and hope others can chime in/take off on it is because I've made those posts several... if not dozens... of times over the years. I've been here for more than a decade and, like a lot of those old members, have mostly moved on due to age/lack of interest/repetition of postings/requirements of job and family. The recent LINJER posts and discussion have pulled me back in here and there, but again shortly I'll...
Lots of ideas; I'll post more as they come up.Not just what I "like" but what I think might fit your design aesthetic AND the leather types you already have... consider something like this one is from Gianfranco Ferre back 4-5 years ago. This in your Cognac/navy/mocha smooth leather would be lovely. Clean, simple, not too soft but not so structured as to feel like a suitcase. Size was pretty good as well (around 48-50cm wide). There really isn't much available...
Wow, boys, what a bar you've set today. Vol de nuit, Patch24, Yatagan, FM VE. Amazing choices. I have no idea how to keep up. I guess I'll match Baron's Yatagan (one of the mighty men's scents that tickles... nay punches... the nose) with COCO Parfum (one of the mighty women's fragrances that tickles... nay punches... the nose). A couple wearing each on a crowded train just might cause the paint to peel off the walls. Interestingly, Coco in the parfum concentration...