or Connect

Posts by pkincy

Quote: Originally Posted by Teacher I'd hardly count a couple of buttons coming loose as a "problem." These things happen, even with the best of the best. Reattaching them is so simple as to make this laughable. Therefore, don't sweat it. I recently have bought 3 new Borrelli's. One I had to resew on 2 buttons, another 4 and the one I opened today needed one resewn. Now it is not the button that needs resewing but the threads were wound...
Hadn't considered that but I certainly could. Perry
I bought a Barneys white french cuff cotton shirt in my size that is way huge on me. I wear a 16 neck and it must be a 17+. Should I wash it in hot water and dry it on hot prior to taking it to the laundry?? Thanks in advance for your help. Perry
I have done a lot of my preEbay trying on at Nieman's, consistently using the same salesman. I will buy a Zegna from him this spring at retail. Mostly cause the staples you will never get at EBay and also to assuage my guilt for wasting his time several times. I had a jeweler friend tell me years ago that one should never buy an artificial diamond unless you had lots of real ones to wear. I think that it also true with clothes....If you only buy on Ebay you will...
If anyone can help on how to enter a picture right side up....I also would like to know. Perry
My first thought is the geographical one. If you are staying in S. Arizona the first and foremost thought is weight. The other factor is what kind of impression you want to make. For instance I recently bought two very similar greys. One was a tropical weight Samuelsohn (in probably an 8 oz wool). The other was a Zegna in 280 gram fabric. About the same weight and nearly the same color. And very wearable in Az. But the real key is that I would not wear...
I suppose Ebay is a changing experience or series of adventures. It, like poker, is a bit expensive to learn, but once you learn can be profitable. It also, like gambling, can be addictive. However in moderation and with some experience and with a bit of work traveling to retail shops to understand how you wear different manufacturers sizes you can get quite good deals and quite good value. Sizes: I wear a sleeve only alteration 42L in Hart, Hickey,...
Is the barong (excuse my ancient memory and any spelling errors) and/or the Singaporean tailored short sleeve shirt/suit and slacks still in favor in the business world? Perry (Who long ago outgrew his banana tree bark derived hand embroidered bespoke barong).
Quote: Originally Posted by Film_Noir_Buff This should give you some information on Paris Shirts. http://www.filmnoirbuff.com/article/is-paris-burning F-N-B, Are you a paid salesman for Paris?? Your only posts seem to be shilling that establishment? Perry
Quote: Originally Posted by ChazzR I know that the starch weakens the shirts, but I ask for light starch anyway. I'm just wondering whether I should try to avoid having the dry cleaners wash them after I've already done so. I quit using starch years ago. There is always a residue of starch in the system (I believe on the pressing machines) so that no starch is in reality light starch. Ask for it that way and you will be happier and your...