Posts by pkincy

Today I wore the Jantzen shirt and it was a 13 hour day. Some of the things that were a bit offputting about the Jantzen shirt actually helped in the long day. The shirt (#22) fabric is a relatively heavy twill and the french cuffs and the collar seemed (admittedly not yet laundered) a bit stiff. But the shirt wore very well today. The heavier fabric resisted wrinkling beautifully, the collar stayed nice, the tie stayed taut, the sleeves felt right, the monogram was in...
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley Pkincy, I'm curious, did you give Jantzen measurements based on a shirt you already owned, or were they body measurements? I measured my body as instructed. And in fact the instructions were very similar and I submitted the same measurements to each within a 1/4 inch. I did check measure a shirt that fit well but ultimately decided that measurements from my body made with a seamstress tape was the...
I have bought from both and am pleased with what I have gotten vs the price. I suspect that they are seconds or come from the training room as I have had to resew many of the buttons on as the seamstress clearly was drunk or it was Friday after noon when they were put on the first time. They all had the chicken foot stitch but it certainly wasn't done most elegantly. And in many cases the wrap stitch had not been locked through the initial stitching. The fabrics...
My first Jantzen came in (sorry no pixs as it is still unironed). And my first MyTailor.com shirt had come in a couple of weeks ago. Initial impressions however give the nod to MyTailor.com. By a fairly wide margin. The fabric is much nicer. On the Jantzen I picked the white fabric everyone seems to like (#22 superfine twill). And on the MyTailor shirt I picked a mid to low price cotton fabric also in all white. Much much silkier in the MyTailor shirt. The fit in...
Quote: Originally Posted by designprofessor Research! Find out whats done and why. Find what you like and get some second opinions, one of those opinions being from a woman. That is an interesting question...Should your image be shaped for men or women? I think men. I can not imagine asking a women for advise on dressing. Perry
I have not been to the Far East in years, but I always arranged my trips to come in through Hong Kong, spend 24 hours there getting my first fittings and than flew home the next weekend through HK and got my 2nd and 3rd fittings. Yes it is a bit of an overflight but if the company is paying you might be able to find a flight that is only slightly more expensive. I do recall Tokyo as being so expensive I even hated to spend my companies money there and would never...
Quote: Originally Posted by zjpj83 This is a chisel toe (thanks sysdoc) It come to a narrower width at the tip there than the one you posted. Stunning shoes! Perry
Good clothing may fix the external problem, but being uncomfortable in a large room of people (good looking or not) is really an internal problem. And one that can be addressed. The goal is to become extremely comfortable with who you are and that comfort and serenity will show even if you are naked. And many thousands of people have benefited from professional (some secular and some religious) help in developing that feeling of comfort and serenity. For those of us...
There is no way I can understand how a soft shoe with articulating pads with spaces between them can be called a "driving" shoe. Of course, most don't wear "morning" coats in the morning either. All I can see is catching the brake or accelerator on the edge of a pad rather than the center. So if it is for "driving" down the boulevard at 22 mph, I can live with the name. If someone really wants a "driving" shoe that is inexpensive pick up a set of wrestling...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tck13 The history of the blazer (and buttons) is very interesting. Apparently, the buttons had the family coat of arms or one's 'club' insignia upon them. Does anyone still have buttons with their family or club insignia? . Most of the eastern and southeastern schools have blazer buttons with the school crest. And I have been out of the fraternity business for some 40 odd years but I wouldn't be surprised if...