or Connect

Posts by pkincy

As a shoe newbie, it is hard to beat the US manufacturers, Alden and Allen Edmonds. Perry
Upscale Trendy in LA could be shorts and high top sneakers or jeans worn low on the hips with a WestCoast Customs T shirt. In the Midwest or East you may need advice, in LA just don't go naked. Perry
My personal preference is Kiton. Partially because the OTR e54L fits me near perfectly and the Brioni 44L is a bit too big, but mainly because I prefer the Kiton fabrics. If I travel my Brioni will wrinkle as you might expect after packing. Somehow the 14 micron Kiton fabric will come out of a suitcase fold as if it was on a Hanger Project hangar the entire trip. And the normal cashmere fabric of the odd jackets and their soft construction is a fantastic experience...
Hmm, the article says: Customers are offered coffee, sparkling water and wine to sip while shopping. I suppose the fare has changed over the years, but I do recall that it allegedly was much stronger stuff in the old days. Perry
I just got an email announcing how proud Zegna was to be making clothes from recycled plastic products: ECOTECH is the latest cutting edge innovation from Zegna Sport made from 100% recycled plastic sources. This innovative and ground breaking production process combines high level technical performance with the protection of the environment. I certainly want to protect the environment but wearing clothes from recycled plastic products rather than wool, silk and...
Nevis in Bauxite with Medway by Dainite soles from Tom Park. Perry
I get mine from my NM store. Perry
It is caused by too many dry cleaning cycles. Steam your wool clothes and don't dry clean them unless absolutely necessary and they won't get shiny. PK
Quote: Originally Posted by A Y I like how the size and fitting page mentions styleforum specifically for comparing sizes against other brands. --Andre Sizing is such a problem with shoes that are not stocked across the country in a variety of sizes. The Sandringham's are probably my 20th pair of EGs. And showed me that all the other pairs are the wrong sizes. I started EG collecting with 8.5/9D RLPL sourced EGs, then found that the...
Although not a well lit picture of the Sandringham's (burnt pine over antiqued burgundy, MTO and designed by Tom Park), it does show the lovely and renovated pink Royal Hawaiian in the background. Leather Soul is currently on the 3rd floor of the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center. I suppose it is a mixed blessing wearing the same size shoes as the proprietor of the country's top shoe emporium. The good news is that there is always something interesting in my size in...