or Connect

Posts by pkincy

NM has an excellent Kiton and Zegna collection. Much more so than their normal stores. You likely will be hitting First Call when you visit so you should see some 33% off stuff. Although I love the SF NM, I haven't yet felt the same way about Saks. Wilkes, I reserve for their deeper sales simply because the prices at retail are so darned high excepting my Bontoni. I love Barney's but not in SF. Hold your Barney's visits for Phx and LV, both carrying Kiton and...
I own no Berluti. I do own significant numbers of EG and JL. I prefer the JL for 2 reasons. The 8000 last is simply a better fit for my foot than the 606/202 which are my favorite EG lasts and I think the Museum Calf can't be beat. Not that I don't love my EGs, in fact I suppose I have 2 to 3 EGs for every JL I own, but I just love my JLs. I have 2-3 pair of Vass and the U last is a bit narrow for my foot although the shoes obviously are well made. I own only a...
All of this we look for and value. However my wife simply says: "Somethings wrong with that jacket, the sleeves are wrinkled!" Perry
Great Shoe and I especially like the scotch grain Edwardian leather with the dark oak. It gives more character than the smooth Edwardian: http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1524/img0856w.jpg Perry Whoops sorry. I don't know why both the images don't show.
The price seems a bit high; both the retail price and the ebay price. However I don't believe I have ever seen a NWT Kiton in 14 Micron for 700-800. Maybe well used. My guess is that the suit is probably a buy at $1700-1900. It probably is retailing today in the $7000-8000 range. Yes you can see them for $8500 but only at the NY store. If this is your size and you are sure of that, you might try an offer to see if she will accept it about $500 less than...
His early spring move from Chicago to Manhattan did make me wonder. Was that a bit of a push out or was it something he wanted. Being President of a Chicago company and hdqtred in Manhattan was a bit of a ?. Perry
Quote: Originally Posted by DandySF Perhaps you recall when Wilkes was located at the base of the Stockton/Sutter Garage? He was forced out in something of a scandal. There were all sorts of allegations swirling at the time. He was simply keeping 2 sets of books. One was real and one showed quite a bit lower sales volume as his rent to the City of SF (owner of the Stockton/Sutter garage) was based on sales volume. I recall that Willie...
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicola I did the math. The further you get from 48 the less the plus ten rule of thumb works. A 52 is a 104cm. Which would be a 41. There is no such thing as a rule of 10 on a inch to cm conversion. You are subtracting rather than multiplying and dividing. The original comment is correct. A 54 cm size is a 108 cm chest converting to a 42.6 inch chest. However if a suit is carried in 42 and 44 in US sizes...
Quote: Originally Posted by stu00a And I never saw any Oxxford in any store. I really like to try on Oxxford and Kiton suits, but I still don't know, maybe I should check Camarillo outlet... They have Neiman Marcus LC right? For Kiton try on you will need to go to Saks Beverly Hills or NM San Francisco on the West Coast. You also can try Barney's in either LV or Scottsdale. Those are the only 4 stores within an hour of me by air that carry...
And Barney's is going to do a one day "friends and family" sale on Thurs Nov 19th. Normally NM will also do a 1 day 30% off Friends and Family sale around this time. The beauty of these is that pretty much most of the inventory is included. Perry