or Connect

Posts by pkincy

A pair of ordinary AE Leeds and: My Carnina's sourced from Tom Park at Leather Soul when he was working with them on getting a contract Actually I find Cordovan leather to be a bit stiff and hot. At least the Carmina's have a much more supple and thin Cordovan leather than my US sourced shoes. Perry
Quote: Originally Posted by Phat Guido -Pics of specs in the wild.. & yes I have sinned as I wore them 2 days in a row.. More than 2 days in the row, the wear w/o socks will allow your perspiration from the feet to ruin the shoes in short order. PK
Flambeur, My, my, you forgot your prozac today, didn't you. PK
Thank you, most informative post. Perry
Actually I think the OP had a thoughtful question. It never hurts to know what the perspective is of a poster. It helps immensely in understanding their POV. Unfortunately the responses so far seem to say alot about SF and I don't know that it is flattering. Perry
Let's define a "rebuttable presumption." Both in common law and in civil law, a rebuttable presumption (in Latin, praesumptio iuris tantum) is an assumption made by a court, one that is taken to be true unless someone comes forward to contest it and prove otherwise. If you wear a black suit in a business setting, you may be taken (by those that know the "rules") to be unsophisticated, not well bred, or simply a bit of a bumpkin, or worse you may be assumed to be from...
Florsheim Imperial were available in both calf and shell. These are obviously cordovan. good find. Perry
Beautiful shoes/boots! Well bought. I would love someone to save me from myself. Tom Park of Leather Soul Honolulu has added the John Lobb line and has his first 6-7 models in stock. Unfortunately for my pocketbook he has the Vale in Chestnum Museum Calf in 8.5E UK sizing and 8000 last.....my size. I have no business in the beginning of this depression buying a pair of prestige line JLs. So if someone that loves the Vale (which may be the most beautiful RTW shoe...
Whoops wrong thread for my post
I like the Budapester as a boot very much. However in a more conventional last I think the broguing may be too much. Here is my favorite pr of boots by EG: Perry