or Connect

Posts by pkincy

Unfortunately I forget. It is a non medallion captoe oxford. About 8-10 years ago we used to have a sticky thread that had the name and picture of most every shoe ever made by the better shoemakers, and I used that thread constantly. It appears to have disappeared.
Luckily I got both the Sutton and the Vale in Chestnut Museum some time ago.
Although the William II is a beautiful shoe and has been around forever, I dearly miss the elegance of the single buckle Vale and never have been able to figure out why both it and the Sutton were discontinued in the same year as I have always thought those were the best looking shoes JL ever made.
Very interesting. Bontoni (at Wilkes Bashford) told me that Kiton copied their design although I always expected it was the other way around. Here is the Bontoni.The Kiton is identical.
Or my real favorite, the Sutor Mantelassi Brogues in Suede.
Or in the good old days when Ralph Lauren Purple Label shoes were made by Edward Green. Mink Suede monks by EG by way of RLPL
Since those were only partial Suede let me add some Sutor Mantellasi Chukka Boots:
Does Partial Suede Spectator count? Edward Green Captoe in Antique Dark Oak with Mink Suede.
My favorite is the Antique Dark Oak. My recollection is that Tom Park did a MTO order on a number of these for Leather Soul several years ago. Last is 82 in Antique Cark Oak with a double leather soul.
Totally beautiful boot. GLWS.