or Connect

Posts by Lucky Strike

Extract from what seems to be Breivik's own timeline of the events, it seems to compiled partly from diaries he kept at the time, just found it: [[SPOILER]]
If I understand this correctly, there's to be a memorial service in the old Oslo cathedral at 11 today, with the entire royal family, the PM and his entire cabinet, the various party leaders, and whatnot. TV2 here reports that in addition, anyone's invited, limited space providing. Doors open at 9, there's been a sort of memorial mound of flowers, candles, etc. built up outside the cathedral overnight. Extra security? Not very much. Makes me proud to be Norwegian, if...
I think youtube's taking them down, probably rightly so, when I think about it.
His youtube "manifesto" is out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLk1zv6u7_Q http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkjimjlSNSY
The descriptions of his behaviour at Ut√łya are chilling, he's described by the survivors as very calm and collected, and quite unhurried in "picking off" the victims. Breivik seems to have followed a plan of two shots per victim, and when seeing people run away, just turned on others in the vicinity. Being in a police uniform, in the early phase of the shooting he repeatedly succeeded in reassuring victims, and getting them to follow orders to approach him. Some victims...
My wife, who was in the East Village when the planes hit on 9/11, was amazingly about the same distance from the explosion here...she just shrugs and says that she must be running out of luck soon... We just saw a colleague of hers on the TV news here, - she has a cabin on the Tyrifjorden lake, and was helping in picking up dead and living from the water, handing out blankets, etc. Central Oslo is still very quiet, the police are now stating that it's safe to go into the...
Not really a neo-nazi, in his various internet postings he seems to put nazism, marxism and islam at equal terms. His issues seem to have been mainly with the mainstream political establishment here, and mainly because of what he calls their "multi-culturalism" or "cultural marxism".
I've been reading through his forum posts, and tried to compile a summary. He's quite articulate, but not exactly cohesive in his views, so this summary is necessarily jumping a bit between things as well. In his postings on the www.document.no forum, he still sympathises a lot with Fremskrittspartiet, but critises them for being too soft on immigration and islamism. The posts there were made in 2009 and 2010. The last known post wishes for a framework for a pan-european...
Breivik worked at a call centre in Oslo from 1999 to 2003, then started some sort of IT venture in 2005, and ran the firm, called E-commerce Group, until 2008. He's described as a quiet, polite, dutiful and trustworthy-seeming type. He gave the impression of being from an affluent background, seems like a typically upper-middle-class, preppy "Oslo West" sort of background. Lived with his mother, described as a loner. He's apparently a freemason. He was a member of the...
There's a cabinet meeting in the PM's official residence, about 150 metres from me, so that was why all the govt. limos were clogging up the street just now... There was a bomb scare in the area close to the US embassy about an hour ago, it turned out to be some idiot dumping a big, blown-out speaker in the street.