or Connect

Posts by Lucky Strike

Winning! With the old Porsche, it reminds me of some of the bachelor pads that Playboy magazine featured in the 1960's and 70s. Crossposted from my apartment thread: Quote: Originally Posted by Lucky Strike OK, so we're selling as it is, because of the baby who's expected in a couple of weeks. We never got around to installing a new kitchen, so we'll sell it with the old, crappy one that was there when we moved in. Oteherwise, all the walls were...
OK, so we're selling as it is, because of the baby who's expected in a couple of weeks. We never got around to installing a new kitchen, so we'll sell it with the old, crappy one that was there when we moved in. Oteherwise, all the walls were just plastered and painted again, and the bathroom is three-four years old. We decided to leave the floors as they were, we've just scrubbed them brutally, which I think left a nice patina, although many people would want the...
On TV yesterday (27 mins and 10 secs in): http://www.tv3play.no/play/244906/?autostart=true It's one of those shows where people who are badly in debt seek help; I'm valuating the guy's watches. (I think the similar US show is called "'Til Debt Do Us Part" and the UK one "Spendaholics". I'm wearing a 70s "double red" Sea Dweller, btw.
Two words: Military surplus. It's affordable, well-made, often broken in, which is very nice for hiking/hunting gear, and as long as you avoid the camo, you'll look much like the guys in the OP.
Quote: Originally Posted by dipper_dab Found this trolley at www.bubbledrum.co.uk Does anyone know where you can buy Jielde lights from ? Thanks. Ebay alwys has lots of Jielde lights.
Quote: Originally Posted by Find Finn I have a surname 80% of the population can't pronounce correctly nor spell, even thought it's really simple and I had to spell my first name from the age of 5. Yes, that too, bc. it's originally German and then slightly Norwegianised through a few centuries, there are several plausible spellings...it's a bother.
You have to live with a slightly comical surname for a few decades to really understand..it gets old.
Thanks! I've been lurking occasionally for the past couple of years, but I got busy with work and married life etc., - I'll be posting occasionally, I hope...good to see that this place is much the same.
Oh, and that interior is just insanely pretentious and vulgar. The space minus the decorating looks very nice, with the double height etc. If that place just landed in my lap, I'd get rid of the books, tear out all that fake Georgian/mock Tudor shelving out, and maybe keep tha shelving minus all the tacky bells and whistles. Strip the shelves of the stupid mouldings and paint them white. If I had the money for that place, I would have little trouble filling the shelves...
Quote: Originally Posted by henrikc I like how they've placed paintings in front of the bookshelves. Quote: Originally Posted by ljrcustom I noticed that, seems pretty odd to me. -LR I've seen that done in several very genuine (old) library interiors. Not sure if I agree with it, but there is some tradition for it, it seems.