or Connect

Posts by Lucky Strike

Quote: Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel I was there just a year ago before hopping to Bodo & the lofoten. Very nice city, spent a pleasant late afternoon and early evening in Frogner park, probably crossed through Uranienborg on my way there. Were it not for the absurd prices of just about anything, I could live in oslo !luc Yes, exactly. If you take the walk from the royal palace to the park, it's more or less halfway. Some specific areas...
Ikea. Cheap, pure wool, various sizes, some nice, fairly neutral designs.
Quote: Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel LS, Where are you located in norway? Oslo? !luc Yes, moving from Sofienberg to Uranienborg.
Quote: Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty Audioengine A2s and matching stands for my desktop: Would you believe the reviews are actually justified? My wife wants those. Really realy justified? At the price, it's too good to be true, I think... Quote: Originally Posted by Xericx Cool, but is there any specific point to the Pantone-coding? Quote: Originally Posted by Reggs Hipster...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan Nice place - not my taste in interior design, but undoubtedly attractive and homely. Also, it's amazing how estate agent photos completely transform the look of a place. Crazy. Yes, the wide-angle tomfoolery is annoying when you're trying to buy a place, but when you're the seller... Quote: Originally Posted by HORNS I really like the light above the dining table. Is it vintage or...
Nice one - do you know who designed it?
Quote: Originally Posted by henrikc Ah, Oslo. Is it in one of the old working class districts? I know that they used to install a lot of the cast iron ovens there, and the views kind of add up. I'm guessing somewhere east of Sofienberg? Anyways, I love the floors, and seems like a great apartment. A local! And you're spot-on, it's on Ring 2, about 200 meters from Carl Berners plass. Quote: Originally Posted by...
You should try som Dansih and Scandinavian online auctions - the prices in teh US can be insane on this stuff, - pieces with unknown (or less than well-known) designers and makers shouldn't really cost that much. Swedish and Norwegian designers generally fetch far lower prices than the Danish ones. PM me if you want some links. A few examples/eye-candy:
Quote: Originally Posted by artoftime Chieftain is a stunning piece of design. Juhl has been under appreciated for years. Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness His prices certainly don't betray a lack of appreciation. Quote: Originally Posted by Sazerac No shit. Like 12k, right? About 12 years ago I saw one on e-bay from some idiot in Queens who had no idea what he was sitting on. I passed at...
I have a strong love for thirties tubular steel furniture, I don't mind a bit of patina on the nickel: