or Connect

Posts by Tooch4321

I am also in for a few bottles...
Scratch what I said, I see you're located in Andersonville just north of Hop Leaf. Guess I will have to pop-in...
Will do, it's funny I normally don't head up for these releases I have some friends up in Madison who will usually grab me a bottle, but we randomly happen to be going up to see her parents on weekends when the R&Ds are being released.
It's the 2nd Gueuze release (the 1st was in 2010, which I also have along with all the other R&Ds), but they call this one Vintage 2014. I could've bought 10 bottles with all the people we were with, but only the wife and I each grabbed a set. Already drank on on the spot, I promised a bottle to a buddy of mine and then we will drink the other 2, I usually don't mind trading stuff, but anything NG stays in house.
Went to visit the in-laws this weekend in Madison, WI, when asking my wife's dad what he wanted to do, he said let's pop on out to New Glarus. I wasn't going to say no, especially since they were releasing another R&D, win-win for everyone...
You have an off batch, it's also probably older too. I've always found Troublesome to be their most inconsistent beer, when it's right, it's a great beer. If you come across Fierce (their berliner) or Apex Predator (their farmhouse) give those a try, I think you'll be pleased...
You are correct, I was just in Minneapolis this past weekend and what a great beer scene. Similar to Portland, but lacking in the variety and awesome food trucks, I will say Fair State has some amazing sours and a great Pils which can all be purchased in growlers.
It's all in good fun, they send each other special barrels for Dark Lord and Hunahpu's Day.There's really nothing bad you can say about the Hawks or the players, I'm not the largest hockey fan, but they're definitely enjoyable to watch. I'm also not a bandwagon fan, you'll never see me buying a sweater or wearing Hawks gear pretending I'm an avid fanatic...
Hawks are playing the Lightening for the Stanley Cup. They've also outlawed any Floyds gear in any Cigar City establishment...
I still have a first batch Damon sitting around some where. I got in on the HF bandwagon before there was a bandwagon, same with SARA. I quit trading a couple years ago, its funny how nuts this beer thing has gotten, when I first got into this mess it was a much smaller community. Hell, I used to find '07/'08 4-pks of BCS on the shelves in '09. I'd say, "Oh the good 'ol days...", but really it's just times and tastes change.