or Connect

Posts by Tooch4321

It is elder flower, but it smells and tastes of fresh cut, raw green peppers...
Ewww...Mamouche, the green pepper beer
Drink good bourbon and spirits, beer is and has been boring to me for a long time. I went through all the cycles, a lot of my friends went from homebrewers to either work as a pro now or owning their own brewery. Surprisingly, you will find more pros chugging PBR tallboy cans or sipping on High Life bottles rather than some new over hopped IPA. High Life is cheap, always consistent and reliable, I've never not had one and been like that doesn't taste like High Life.
I was trying to prove a point that Orval is a classic just like DuPont, you are correct it is not a saison. The whole point was beers like these are classics for a reason, I'm also not some beer newbie. Drink what you like is my philosophy, if I do drink beer these days it's usually High Life...
I'd take your lambic situation over my saison any given day, you live in the Land of Gueuze...
I personally think it's one of the best, if you care to share some of your favorites then please share. I've had a thousand different saisons, most the "better" American ones are usually one-offs are extremely difficult to obtain unless you live in that certain area of the country. One example is Hill Farmstead, Shaun makes excellent saisons, tart saisons, wine barrel aged saisons, but he's also located in the middle of no where Vermont and can be a pain to acquire. On...
Saison DuPont is THE classic example of a saison, you'd be a fool to think anything else. Orval is another, but I don't know anything about beer...
Depends...I live with a food scientist and our food scales and measuring vessels are for lab usage. Plus, who cares!
You'd use a food scale for coke, duh. People scale is what I meant, I went the appropriate way and bought the OG Doctor Scale.
I know this has been asked numerous times in the past, but does any one have a decent scale recommendation?