or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

I have a swatch of it that they sent me. It seems pretty flimsy. The "Q" stuff seems a lot nicer.
I've been thinking about a suit in Frontier and was a bit concerned about these comments as well. But I have a travel book of Frontier and, granted I'm certainly no cloth expert, it seems anything but limp and lifeless to me. I also know that Patrick Chu has spoken well of Frontier in the past.I think for a first suit, I would probably agree, but, for some follow up fittings in Hong Kong, I did work with a junior cutter and he did a very good and careful job, and...
I neglected the timing issue as I won't see Patrick until April 3. Nevertheless, I find it really hard to judge fabrics by Harrison's website. One of the things I've done with Patrick is place an order during his visit but tell him I'll give a final choice on the fabric a week or so later. Digger could try that while waiting for swatches to arrive.
They have the book at their store in Hong Kong. I looked at it in January when I was there. And Chan will get fabric from any merchant they deal with. If you really want the Lesser tropical, you could have Harrison's send you a swatches to pick from then tell Chan what you want.
Forgot to take pictures, and they did not pay for my cost to post the pants to them. I felt they should have but it wasn't worth the argument.
I worked at one of these law firms in the mid to late 80s and remember DBs being if not common, not at all unusual.Even here in San Diego, they're pretty common amongst lawyers, at least the ones I see in court who may be more flamboyant than transactional types.Nore,I acquired my first fedora this year, mostly for trips back to the frozen east. It's a vintage, light blue/grey with a brown ribbon. Seems pretty easy to wear with just about everything but as light as it is...
I imagine I have been unlucky. The suit with the extra padding also arrived with pants on which the left side had forward pleats as ordered while the right had reverse pleats. Certainly the worst mistake I've had from Chan--but one they corrected without quibble.
I've found Chan fairly consistent on the big points but often with small variations that require correction. I've had pants cut a bit large or long, slight differences in the openness of quarters, and once a fair amount of extra padding added to a jacket's shoulders. Having said that, I think being in HK leads to a better and more consistent product, and I try to do fittings whenever possible. For a DB, I would definitely want to do fittings.
Yes, but whenever they are wearing Chan, it seems to be a DB. Also, wasn't referring to the Armoury blog but to http://ethandesu.com/ and http://lnsee.tumblr.com/ I don't think I've ever looked at the Armoury blog though there's clearly lots of overlap.
Scroll through the blogs for the Armoury guys, Ethandesu and Alan See. They have lots of good pics of Chan DBs.