or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

Thanks. Not sure of the name or the model number. I just grabbed the picture off Ethan from the Armoury's Tumbler and showed it to Phillip.
My answers are much the same as the others. I own one pair of St Crispins. Phillip checked the fit on my foot both sitting and standing, then watched me walk around in them a bit. I spent some time talking to him about the shoes and making choices about what I wanted to order while wearing the shoes. I'd just spent two hours driving from San Diego, so he wanted to see if my feet would swell a bit. Then we went through the same process again. After that, Phillip had me...
Drove up on Friday to see Phillip Carr. Very glad I did. He spent half an hour or more reviewing the fit of my one pair of St. Crispin's. Recommended, I drop down a size and go up a width on the right foot, and customized the last on both feet. Ordered theseI was looking for a very dark burgundy/oxblood which St. Crispin's doesn't have in their normal color pallete, but Phillip said that because the shoes were hand finished making them up wouldn't be a problem. All...
Does Optimo ever have sales? I would love to pick up one of their Milans.
I think that's the first "hollywood" brim I've seen that didn't look affected --- other than this one:
Took the plunge and ordered a shorter-brimmed Montecristo from PanamaBob. Hat will be blocked and finished by Art Fawcett. I'm excited. Just have to wait. In the meantime, need some extra funds to pay for it, so this one is going back on ebay tomorrow unless anyone here is interested in it:
Luckily it is, but like any ebay purchase, it could have turned out badly.
Yes, it was more than I wanted to spend, but I really wanted a vintage panama, and not many come along in my size. Having received it, it's as nice as I would have hoped. I'll probably hold on to it and see if I get used to the brim size over time.
7 3/8
A couple of years ago, I ran into George Glasgow Jr. in Leather Soul Beverly Hills. He was a perfect gentleman and took quite a bit time just talking with me and a friend about shoes even though it was clear I was just killing time and wasn't buying anything--let alone commissioning bespoke shoes. I think I was wearing G&Gs at the time. I just ordered my first pair of Cleverly from the Anthony Cleverly line. Looking forward to receiving them, but I think the last...