or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

Does Optimo ever have sales? I would love to pick up one of their Milans.
I think that's the first "hollywood" brim I've seen that didn't look affected --- other than this one:
Took the plunge and ordered a shorter-brimmed Montecristo from PanamaBob. Hat will be blocked and finished by Art Fawcett. I'm excited. Just have to wait. In the meantime, need some extra funds to pay for it, so this one is going back on ebay tomorrow unless anyone here is interested in it:
Luckily it is, but like any ebay purchase, it could have turned out badly.
Yes, it was more than I wanted to spend, but I really wanted a vintage panama, and not many come along in my size. Having received it, it's as nice as I would have hoped. I'll probably hold on to it and see if I get used to the brim size over time.
7 3/8
A couple of years ago, I ran into George Glasgow Jr. in Leather Soul Beverly Hills. He was a perfect gentleman and took quite a bit time just talking with me and a friend about shoes even though it was clear I was just killing time and wasn't buying anything--let alone commissioning bespoke shoes. I think I was wearing G&Gs at the time. I just ordered my first pair of Cleverly from the Anthony Cleverly line. Looking forward to receiving them, but I think the last...
Purchased my first hat this year since I was tired of traveling to New York and DC in the winter and wearing knit beanies. Afterwards, I realized that a hat is perfect on the high 50s, low 60s days that we call winter in San Diego. Because the consensus seems to be that its difficult to match the quality of hats from a half century ago except at much higher prices, I went the ebay route: Malllory, grey with brown ribbon: Resistol Dark Chocolate: Most recent...
Very nice
I see. I'd love to wear 14-15 oz wools, but those would be unbearable even in San Diego's "winter", when our highs average in the low 60s. In fact, it's almost time to put away my 12 oz. worsteds for year. Still disappointed to hear about Drapers durability. They're a bit pricey to be disposable. But I may go ahead anyway. I had a particular grey nailhead in mind and the Drapers came closest that.