or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmac Problem is, there aren't really that many cordovan wingtips available to buy readily. I agree. The Vass U last are the only ones I've seen that really work with a suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 Yes, Darlton is made in England by Crockett&Jones. There is not equivalent shoe by C&J, as the shoe is made to Ralph Lauren specifications. I would not call the shoe better made than the Alden. They are probably about the same in quality, from a leather and attention to detail standpoint. In fact, leather is exactly the same except color (Shell Cordovan sources are both Horween of Chicago). The Polo shoe is...
The one seven fold I've purchased is a Borelli. It is beautiful silk but makes a terrible knot, both fat and small if you can imagine that. David is graciously remaking it for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hard2Fit That sucks. I don't remember if I was on the list for this boot. How about an "Alden x LeatherSoul x SF #8 Loafer" a la 986? How about a Plaza lasted wingtip blucher?
Very nice VG. It does look a good deal more staid than your Chan commissions but very nice. You're pushing me toward forgoing my next Chan order and giving my local tailor a try.
Quote: Originally Posted by quix20 Wow - this is confusing. Now I have to toss up between Gordon Yao or WW Chan for my #1 suit! I don't mean to give the impression that I don't like or wouldn't recommend Chan. Whatever dissatisfaction I have is really a result of using a tailor located across an ocean. I don't know if any tailor could manufacture a perfect suit without intermediate fittings. That is why I am considering trying a local...
Quote: Originally Posted by scruff If you're selling at cost, it should be sub-$300. $362.10 + $29.45 tax + $17.95 shipping & handling. Now that you mention it, it appears Brooks' discount on cordovans was 25% plus the additional 15%, not 40% + 15%. My mistake. Above post corrected.
Brooks cordovan wingtips http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...default_color= purchased at the Brooks sale 25% + 15% off. I'm not keeping them so I'm offering them to anyone for my cost $409.50 plush shipping. Size is 12C. Color is #8 burgundy.
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel However, if you other gentlemen want to forsake Chan, I suppose I shouldn't complain too much--less waiting time for me! I don't want to. But my first two garments still need tweaking. I'm sure Patrick will take care of it, but sending them back to Chan again at a cost of sixty or seventy dollars and waiting 3 months isn't something I relish. If the next suit comes in as I hope it will, then I won't...
Quote: Originally Posted by Vintage Gent I have six Chan suits, and suits one and four had to be sent back for issues of fit; suit six for issues of construction. While I'm not ready to walk away from Chan completely, I am pursuing local options for both suits (Lopez) and shirts (Hamilton). Depending on how those work out, I may make my temporary Chan break permanent. I'm thinking about such a move. There is a good local option but it's 50%...