or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

Shoe, I forgot to say thank you for the great FAMs. Wonderful shoes. If you come across anything more in my size, let me know.
I need a new pair of frames and was thinking about the style Malcolm wore. Does anyone know who makes a really high quality pair of frames in this style?
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley Reuben: you must live near the water. because SD can get pretty damn hot a lot of days. especially in the summer, I guess that's true. I live in OB and work downtown, so I rarely go east of the 5.
Quote: Originally Posted by Will If by heavy weight you meant 10 ounce Crispaire rather than the 14, that should be wearable year-round in San Diego. I wear mine, and frescos of that weight, March through November in Northern California. But you've been habituated to the cold by your freezing summers. I do think I'll give the 10 0z. Crispaires a harder look. Will, is there anything you would particularly recommend from either...
I really like pindots with less contrast than the typical British silks, i.e., navy w/ lavender, wine w/ dark red, navy w/ slate, etc.
Quote: Originally Posted by alebrady rueben, just to make sure i understand, are you saying that you find the Target to be uncomfortably warm when its in the 80's - or when it gets, rarely, warmer than 80's? have you ever tried the Summer Target? following up on one of your earlier posts, i am quite worried about drape in the H&S now because i also have VBC 110 (my first suit with chan) that i find to wrinkle much more easily than any other suit...
Quote: Originally Posted by max power I am also thinking about fabrics in advance of Chan's upcoming visits. I'd like to add a solid navy assuming I'm happy with the solid charcoal I have on order (from the H&S Target book, HS 525). It looks like people have nice things to say about the Cirspaires. Putting weight/warmth issues aside, is there any reason not to go Crispaire? I guess I'm trying to understand the factors that would go into deciding...
Quote: Originally Posted by Will If the air is moving and you have a half lining or less in the jacket, a 14 ounce fresco will wear about like an 11 ounce worsted. If the air is still, it will wear about like a 13 ounce worsted. Great travel cloth and fine indoors, but not for warm weather. Think 50-75 degrees f. Thanks Will. Sounds like it might be a little warm for my needs. I've been happy with 10 oz. fabrics with half linings. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by alebrady reuben, So i am very surprised to hear your thoughts and desire to go with another choice. Do you really find the Target fabrics to be poor in this regard? I have an isaia suit that really seems to handle wrinkles well. I wish i could find out what fabric it has - someone had told me once it was a 120 Scabal but i dont consider the source particularly informed. Do you have fabrics other than Target that you...
It's a month away from another Chan visit, so I'm starting to think about fabric choices. My last three suits have been H&S Target 10 oz., and I've been happy except for the tendency to wrinkle. In one of his blog posts, Will recommends heavyweight Crispaire as very resistant to wrinkles. Has anyone tried this heavyweight Crispaire? If so, just how warm is it? I know the open weave should compensate for the weight, but will it really be comparable to a 10 or 11 oz....