or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

I think the jacket's back quarters should be shorter. This may be a personal quirk, but when I'm standing straight, I like the hemline of the jacket to incline from front to rear. I also think you should shorten the pants.
Shoe, I forgot to say thank you for the great FAMs. Wonderful shoes. If you come across anything more in my size, let me know.
I need a new pair of frames and was thinking about the style Malcolm wore. Does anyone know who makes a really high quality pair of frames in this style?
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley Reuben: you must live near the water. because SD can get pretty damn hot a lot of days. especially in the summer, I guess that's true. I live in OB and work downtown, so I rarely go east of the 5.
Quote: Originally Posted by Will If by heavy weight you meant 10 ounce Crispaire rather than the 14, that should be wearable year-round in San Diego. I wear mine, and frescos of that weight, March through November in Northern California. But you've been habituated to the cold by your freezing summers. I do think I'll give the 10 0z. Crispaires a harder look. Will, is there anything you would particularly recommend from either...
I really like pindots with less contrast than the typical British silks, i.e., navy w/ lavender, wine w/ dark red, navy w/ slate, etc.
Quote: Originally Posted by alebrady rueben, just to make sure i understand, are you saying that you find the Target to be uncomfortably warm when its in the 80's - or when it gets, rarely, warmer than 80's? have you ever tried the Summer Target? following up on one of your earlier posts, i am quite worried about drape in the H&S now because i also have VBC 110 (my first suit with chan) that i find to wrinkle much more easily than any other suit...
Quote: Originally Posted by max power I am also thinking about fabrics in advance of Chan's upcoming visits. I'd like to add a solid navy assuming I'm happy with the solid charcoal I have on order (from the H&S Target book, HS 525). It looks like people have nice things to say about the Cirspaires. Putting weight/warmth issues aside, is there any reason not to go Crispaire? I guess I'm trying to understand the factors that would go into deciding...
Quote: Originally Posted by Will If the air is moving and you have a half lining or less in the jacket, a 14 ounce fresco will wear about like an 11 ounce worsted. If the air is still, it will wear about like a 13 ounce worsted. Great travel cloth and fine indoors, but not for warm weather. Think 50-75 degrees f. Thanks Will. Sounds like it might be a little warm for my needs. I've been happy with 10 oz. fabrics with half linings. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by alebrady reuben, So i am very surprised to hear your thoughts and desire to go with another choice. Do you really find the Target fabrics to be poor in this regard? I have an isaia suit that really seems to handle wrinkles well. I wish i could find out what fabric it has - someone had told me once it was a 120 Scabal but i dont consider the source particularly informed. Do you have fabrics other than Target that you...