or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

I second the recommendations for Briggs & Riley. At least as good as Tumi and far more reasonably priced.
Quote: Originally Posted by bcate3 My sense from experience and the pics posted here is that Chan, while flexible, will still give you a more structured jacket. Then again, I've never asked for or seen here a soft Chan, so I could be wrong. Patrick will make a soft suit but not an unstructured one. The suits I have from him have very minimal padding (maybe 1/8" thick) and are very soft through the chest, etc. However, even though I've...
Quote: Originally Posted by mrkleen Completely agree. The worst insult you could make about someone when I was in school, was to accuse them of wearing high waters. As it was when I was in school. As a result, I always hemmed my pants as long as possible--just touching the heel of my shoe. Quote: Originally Posted by Cantabrigian Thank goodness this argument is repeated so often. Imagine how many more people...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan Such poses always make it hard to assess fit. They also make me wonder if the wearer feels like he needs to pose a certain way in order for the suit to look right. I've noticed that I unconsciously do this myself with things that don't fit the best. I've found myself doing this and ruining the look of an otherwise perfectly fitting garment. I don't do it when I just look in the mirror but rather only when...
I think the jacket's back quarters should be shorter. This may be a personal quirk, but when I'm standing straight, I like the hemline of the jacket to incline from front to rear. I also think you should shorten the pants.
Shoe, I forgot to say thank you for the great FAMs. Wonderful shoes. If you come across anything more in my size, let me know.
I need a new pair of frames and was thinking about the style Malcolm wore. Does anyone know who makes a really high quality pair of frames in this style?
Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley Reuben: you must live near the water. because SD can get pretty damn hot a lot of days. especially in the summer, I guess that's true. I live in OB and work downtown, so I rarely go east of the 5.
Quote: Originally Posted by Will If by heavy weight you meant 10 ounce Crispaire rather than the 14, that should be wearable year-round in San Diego. I wear mine, and frescos of that weight, March through November in Northern California. But you've been habituated to the cold by your freezing summers. I do think I'll give the 10 0z. Crispaires a harder look. Will, is there anything you would particularly recommend from either...
I really like pindots with less contrast than the typical British silks, i.e., navy w/ lavender, wine w/ dark red, navy w/ slate, etc.