or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

I've a pair a Ferragamo monks to which the buckle is attached by a piece of elastic. Is it possible to replace it with a leather piece? Is there any problem in doing so?
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...58&postcount=3
Quote: Originally Posted by Despos From what I see in the picture the OP stands with his hips forward. I wondered whether this were an artifact of having a picture taken. I notice that I find it all but impossible to stand normally when my picture is being taken. Perhaps it's some correlary of the uncertainty principle. I remember reading somewhere that a tailor's first and most difficult task was to get his client to relax and stand...
Quote: Originally Posted by Despos Three common reasons for the dimple on the sleeve head. The sleeve head is too narrow to fit in the armhole. Pull a piece of cloth horizontally and you see this same effect. The tension makes the cloth roll and dimple. This is the case with this Chan suit. It is evident when you compare the back view with Matt's Rubinacci. Matt's sleeve is full from the top of the shoulder down into the sleeve. The grey Chan is very...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr Sand Especially when they are as young as you said I think there's no chance they won't look ridiculous wearing a jacket of any kind. I think that no kid can look good in this piece of clothing - I guess it has something to do with body proportions. They just are too short and chubby. Chubby? My kid was a wraith at that age. In my view, boys in blazers look both normal and appropriate.
These forums are responsible for my adoption of a number of things I used to abhor: 1. high-waisted trousers w/ braces. I always thought both were for octogenarians. Seeing how they actually looked in forum members' pictures changed my mind. 2. pocket squares. I considered these the province of fops--except white or cream silk with a dinner jacket. Reading the constant refrain that one isn't dressed without a pocket square convinced me to try them--though still...
I've asked Chan to send me swatches of any dark greys in either nailhead or birdseye from the 9.5-10oz. book. My thoughts are the 11-12oz. is a bit too heavy to wear into the summer and I really would like to stay away from the super 120 if possible. So, if I can find color and pattern in the 9.5-10 that I like, I'll go with this. Thanks to all for sharing their knowledge. I really do appreciate it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton You missed out. The new Lesser 9.5-10 is the best new book to come out from anyone in a long time. Almost everything in it is top notch, great colors, patterns, etc. And so, so hard wearing. I would take it over the 120s any day. I don't know what Chan upcharges for Lesser 120s, but I know that the US wholesale price is much higher than the standard book, and tailors here upcharge accordingly. IMO, regular 9.5/10...
Quote: Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff How does the jacket feel on you when you walk around, sit down, reach for things etc...? Feels fine, and, in my view, looks good. I was only thinking about the change for stylistic reasons. I saw Patrick Chu yesterday, he agreed the buttoning point should be left where it is. Unfortunately, I couldn't settle on a fabric. I had wanted a dark grey (maybe just a bit lighter than charcoal) nailhead...
I don't care for solid socks, but, when I'm wearing a suit, I like the background color to match my pants. Whenever I wear socks that contrast or pick up the color of some other item I'm wearing, I feel self-concious. If I'm not wearing a suit, I prefer socks that contrast with my pants. I have no idea why I feel this way, but I do.