or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

Quote: Originally Posted by quix20 Wow - this is confusing. Now I have to toss up between Gordon Yao or WW Chan for my #1 suit! I don't mean to give the impression that I don't like or wouldn't recommend Chan. Whatever dissatisfaction I have is really a result of using a tailor located across an ocean. I don't know if any tailor could manufacture a perfect suit without intermediate fittings. That is why I am considering trying a local...
Quote: Originally Posted by scruff If you're selling at cost, it should be sub-$300. $362.10 + $29.45 tax + $17.95 shipping & handling. Now that you mention it, it appears Brooks' discount on cordovans was 25% plus the additional 15%, not 40% + 15%. My mistake. Above post corrected.
Brooks cordovan wingtips http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...default_color= purchased at the Brooks sale 25% + 15% off. I'm not keeping them so I'm offering them to anyone for my cost $409.50 plush shipping. Size is 12C. Color is #8 burgundy.
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel However, if you other gentlemen want to forsake Chan, I suppose I shouldn't complain too much--less waiting time for me! I don't want to. But my first two garments still need tweaking. I'm sure Patrick will take care of it, but sending them back to Chan again at a cost of sixty or seventy dollars and waiting 3 months isn't something I relish. If the next suit comes in as I hope it will, then I won't...
Quote: Originally Posted by Vintage Gent I have six Chan suits, and suits one and four had to be sent back for issues of fit; suit six for issues of construction. While I'm not ready to walk away from Chan completely, I am pursuing local options for both suits (Lopez) and shirts (Hamilton). Depending on how those work out, I may make my temporary Chan break permanent. I'm thinking about such a move. There is a good local option but it's 50%...
Quote: Originally Posted by GBR I have read about stuff being wrong despite fittings and going back. You would have to ask Gordon what he stocks that is cheaper - they do vary but this has of itself not troubled me. I suspect that he will have other stuff in the shop - after all he can adjust his price such that his gross profit remains the same whatever rag he makes it from. My first two Chan suits were sent back for adjustments both...
Balmuir II and Tavistock II are both nice. I have a brown Cleveland that I like alot. The Sandown is a great boot wearable with suits.
Quote: Originally Posted by dah328 Here's my two cents based on my actual experience. Spend your entire suit budget at Chan (or Gordon Yao or Y William Yu). Better to have two Chan suits than one Chan suit and three Thai suits. Chan is far superior in terms of quality of construction, fit, and attention to detail than any Thai tailor I've seen. The Thai stuff is of such poor quality that even if it fits to the degree that it is wearable (which is by...
Quote: Originally Posted by jjl5000 More shoes are expected. Will they automatically notify anyone who previously requested info or do we need to make another request for updates?
Quote: Originally Posted by reubencahn Sorry to revive an old thread but I find I'm going to be in Tokyo for few days at the end of January. Where would I go to find Japanese denim and can it be found in larger sizes, i.e., 36" waist? Also, it looks like I'm booked into the ANA Intercontinental. Can anyone comment if this is a decent hotel? Decent location? Any other recommendations including sights or guidebooks would be greatly...