or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

Quote: Originally Posted by Dewey brown shoes require color coordination. even dark brown shoes are a color. they are not neutral. to make brown shoes work with a navy outfit, it has to be the right brown. an orange-ish brown like cognac is easy with a navy suit, because orange and navy love each other, but i would only do that in bright light (say to be outdoors on a sunny day). i only wear black shoes at night. and there are a bunch of earth toned...
I think most of the time grey and bue suits look better with black than brown shoes. To make brown shoes work, real care has to be taken with shirt and tie combos so that the shoes tie in. Often brown shoes worn with dark business suits look like one is trying too hard to stand out. This is particularly true of light tan shoes with darker suits, very hard to pull off.
Quote: Originally Posted by darkoak I actually did not like mine and sold these some time ago. They're just too bulky and didn't fit with any of my work suits. Maybe they fit better for someone who wears country lifestyle outfits or jeans. I like my Alden AF41 a lot better: I love these shoes. It's one of the few for which I would happily pay full retail. Unfortunately Adam has no size 12 left and will not be ordering any more. ...
I fly AA 90% of the time. Getting use of the closet if you are not in first is a crapshoot.
It seems as though all delivery times are creeping up. When I ordered a suit last Friday, Patrick estimated a delivery in early March, so more than three and a half months. My memory may be off, but I recall that only a year or so ago, delivery time was under three months.
I think the finishing on my penny loafers is sloppier than that on the wingtips. There is aslo a fair difference in shade between the left and right shoe. Having said that, I think they're a decent deal for $300. The only real alternative if you want a cordovan loafer is the Alden LHS for $500. I've had mine for maybe two years and have gotten plenty of use from them. And, of course, they get better looking with age.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cantabrigian It's the selection of good suitings that I found to be too limited. Gordon Yao carries H Lesser and will accept CMT so their cloth selection is a good deal better especially now that Minnis sells online. I'd agree on this. When I ordered my last suit, I had in mind a mid-grey sharkskin. I wanted to use a Minnis fabric but Chan had just discontinued CMT. There was nothing at all in the H&S...
Just received my Darltons. These are beautiful shoes. Cordovan is a gorgeous color. Workmanship is nice. The last is refined. So while the shoes are heavy, the overall effect is "chunky" not "clunky" or "gunboat" like the Alden or AE longwings. Unfortunately, I'll be in a suit tomorrow so won't get to wear them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thurston;I placed my order at 6am EST on Thursday and took the free shipping. My packages were rec'd at about 2 this afternoon. Nothing happens at polo.com over the weekend. They all went home. FWIW, my wife purchased a pair of Italian made Chelseas that seem very nice. They were originally priced at $550, marked down plus the 15%. They appear to be Blake rapid stitched with nailed heels and nails at the toe. I am pretty...
Did those of you who have received shipping confirmation choose expedited shipping? I chose standard and my order tracking shows "located in stock". Have yet to receive a shipping confirmation. Same for items I ordered for my wife.