Posts by Mr. Pink

Quote: Originally Posted by Will Chan in a great cloth is closer to $2,000 than $1,200 but this is quite a good suggestion IMO. Having Hong Kong copy your principal tailor for summer suits is something well dressed men have been doing for generations. I've been very happy with mine so far, and I'm about to start #3 in cashmere and cotton. I'm pretty sure Minnis Fresco is around $1200 for a two piece or $1600 for a three piece. Same for the...
If I were you, I would see Chan on his next visit and order 3 frescos. Buy a round trip ticket to Hong Kong. Fly there when the suits are ready for a fitting, and deal with the fit and style issues you have. This will cost you less than one Rubinacci, and you can consider these suits disposable. (I say this as someone who wears only Chan.) Since New York is really hot for only a short time, six to eight weeks, it should grate less than compromising on your heavier...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gent I'm having conflicting opinions here, folks. I don't know whose opinion to trust on here yet - no offence meant to either poster. I chose to have my suits made this way, but I don't know that it's "right." It's just what I wanted. Quote: Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke As oppposed to suspenders I assume you mean? I agree trousers look much better w/ straps but why do they look...
Quote: Originally Posted by Michael Ay329 I like vests and view those who wear them for business to have good taste in clothing and to be taken more seriously...especially amongst lawyers Thus I would encourage the OP to wear them at a business meeting Love it, especially the high opening of the vest.
Quote: Originally Posted by Gent One interesting thing, really, is how a tree-piece suit really limits one's choices of lining. I am of the impression (do correct me if I'm wrong) that the back of the waistcoat tends to be in the same material as the lining of the suit. This would make flashy colours one might otherwise consider, such as red, for example, utterly ridiculous, if one ever wishes to take the jacket off. Thoughts on this? I...
Quote: Originally Posted by coltboy75 How much should I expect to pay to have a suit pressed from a professional cleaner? I've taken suits to be pressed in two circumstances: (1) caught in the rain wearing a suit that's been recently cleaned; (2) receiving a suit back from the tailor (Chan). The cleaners I use (Margaret's in La Jolla) charges around $40 which is nearly the same to press as to clean the suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Winot I m chewing over this problem at the moment. My first suit from Meyer & Mortimer was a three piece (13oz blue Smiths herringbone) with trousers cut for braces. Very comfortable; high rise and no pulling. I am about to order a two piece in a Minnis Airborne (7oz) and am wondering whether to stick with braces or go for belt loops. The solution would appear to be extra trousers. The belt has to be cinched...
Quote: Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley Some ideas for the adelaide below (pics posted by SF members in the past). This is gorgeous. Vass?
Quote: Originally Posted by leon12 The Mansion has the following in stock: Stern Barksdale Grant Peering Eden Montgomery Hutton Anyone know what the last two are? Three questions: Can anyone tell me what the Peering is? In what color is the Stern available? Can anyone recommend a sales associate to contact at the Mansion?
Is there a difference between dupioni and shantung silk?