or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

I'm considering ordering my next suit from Chan as a one button, notch lapel. It seems as though the one button, single breasted suits shown always have peak lapels. Why is this? Is there something deeply wrong in combining a single button closure with a notch lapel? Any reason to avoid this combo?
I wear black C&J Sandown (chukka) with suits. I'm waiting on a a pair of C&J Chepstows to wear with jeans and khakis.
Quote: Originally Posted by dah328 Patrick was advertising a Neapolitan soft shoulder for sport coats this time around. He explained the difference in construction pretty well, but I'm not sure how well their execution compares to the original. I didn't see any fabrics there that I liked otherwise I might have considered taking a chance on it. Did he have any examples or pictures of this? Why only for sports...
Quote: Originally Posted by dopey I don't know about customs. My understanding is that Chan covers that when they ship to the US something bought on one of their US trips. This is correct. Chan includes shipping and customs duties in the quoted price. Quote: Originally Posted by dopey My advice, based on what you wrote is to try and place an order here if the timing works and then schedule fittings for each of your two...
I have this Charvet that I like alot. However, I find I don't wear it much. It's a very formal, severe look.
Quote: Originally Posted by mrkleen Fair play. You will be well outfitted when the spring rains arrive as well. We have no spring rains in San Diego, but they're great for the beach.
I second the recommendations for Briggs & Riley. At least as good as Tumi and far more reasonably priced.
Quote: Originally Posted by bcate3 My sense from experience and the pics posted here is that Chan, while flexible, will still give you a more structured jacket. Then again, I've never asked for or seen here a soft Chan, so I could be wrong. Patrick will make a soft suit but not an unstructured one. The suits I have from him have very minimal padding (maybe 1/8" thick) and are very soft through the chest, etc. However, even though I've...
Quote: Originally Posted by mrkleen Completely agree. The worst insult you could make about someone when I was in school, was to accuse them of wearing high waters. As it was when I was in school. As a result, I always hemmed my pants as long as possible--just touching the heel of my shoe. Quote: Originally Posted by Cantabrigian Thank goodness this argument is repeated so often. Imagine how many more people...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan Such poses always make it hard to assess fit. They also make me wonder if the wearer feels like he needs to pose a certain way in order for the suit to look right. I've noticed that I unconsciously do this myself with things that don't fit the best. I've found myself doing this and ruining the look of an otherwise perfectly fitting garment. I don't do it when I just look in the mirror but rather only when...