or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Why? Looks perfect as is. Chan? Yes, it's a Chan. I guess I'll leave it where it is and stop driving myself crazy.
Quote: Originally Posted by reubencahn I agree. Mafoofan's looks great on him. But I'm a much heavier build, 6', 205 lbs., 46" chest, 37" waist. I've a feeling the higher button point would make me look more barrel-chested. Maybe, I'll try to post a picture and get some feedback. Here's my last suit a 3 roll 2.5. I'm thinking a 1/2" lower buttoning point. Any thoughts?
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Hmmm, not sure how that will look, but then I like a higher BP and don't like to show a lot of shirt and tie. I think mafoofan's BP is exactly right for a one button coat. I agree. Mafoofan's looks great on him. But I'm a much heavier build, 6', 205 lbs., 46" chest, 37" waist. I've a feeling the higher button point would make me look more barrel-chested. Maybe, I'll try to post a picture and get some...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton The traditional way (or at least the Huntsman way) to cut a one button SB is to raise the buttoning point a hair over what it would be on two button. It's more like a three button stance with the top and bottom buttons left off, and a lapel rolled to the waist. That's interesting. I had thought that lowering the button placement made more sense--in order to elongate the lapel line. I checked the...
I'm considering ordering my next suit from Chan as a one button, notch lapel. It seems as though the one button, single breasted suits shown always have peak lapels. Why is this? Is there something deeply wrong in combining a single button closure with a notch lapel? Any reason to avoid this combo?
I wear black C&J Sandown (chukka) with suits. I'm waiting on a a pair of C&J Chepstows to wear with jeans and khakis.
Quote: Originally Posted by dah328 Patrick was advertising a Neapolitan soft shoulder for sport coats this time around. He explained the difference in construction pretty well, but I'm not sure how well their execution compares to the original. I didn't see any fabrics there that I liked otherwise I might have considered taking a chance on it. Did he have any examples or pictures of this? Why only for sports...
Quote: Originally Posted by dopey I don't know about customs. My understanding is that Chan covers that when they ship to the US something bought on one of their US trips. This is correct. Chan includes shipping and customs duties in the quoted price. Quote: Originally Posted by dopey My advice, based on what you wrote is to try and place an order here if the timing works and then schedule fittings for each of your two...
I have this Charvet that I like alot. However, I find I don't wear it much. It's a very formal, severe look.
Quote: Originally Posted by mrkleen Fair play. You will be well outfitted when the spring rains arrive as well. We have no spring rains in San Diego, but they're great for the beach.