Posts by Mr. Pink

Two staple neckties by Sam Hober. Midnight blue and bitter chocolate. Both grenadine piccola grossa weave (slightly dressier). No snags or marks of any kind. 58" x 3.25". Bitter chocolate, untipped and hand rolled edge $60 shipped CONUS Midnight blue, self-tipped $50 shipped CONUS SOLD.
Is that dove felt?
St. Crispin run larger than typical UK shoes. I take an 11 in G&G but a 10.5 in St. Crispins.
I see. Just looked at the pics of the grey one, and the fit problem seems the same as that I had which was fixed by reducing the rear rise and taking in the seat. But as others have said, ask Patrick. Better to rely on a real tailor than internet critics.
Of course, it all depends on your build and posture, but I found I get a better fit without the fishtail.
I've had that problem with pants (also high waisted and worn with suspenders) and the solution was to shorten the rear rise by 1/2" and take in the seat.
St. Crispin's fit me far better than G&G, and IMO the quality is better--and the wait shorter. Never had the opportunity to work through fit problems with EG.Any chance you could post a few pics of yours?
Trying to decide on my next order. Considering the 575 or the 633 I've seen the 575 IRL but not the 633. Anyone own these? Having any opinions on how well St. C does this Dover type stitching?
No Smith's Mohair on the new Harrison's website. Does this mean it's discontinued?
This is often said, and I'm sure it's true, but I've had three pair of trousers remade a year or more after the suits were made without any problem. One was Smith's Finmeresco, the other two Minnis Fresco. In each case, I had the merchant send a swatch with information identifying the bolt. After I compared it to the suit and made sure of a match, I provided that information to my tailor.