or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

Phillip Carr of St Crispin's believes conditioners and creams are at best useless and at worst harmful at least on the leathers used in his shoes.
Anyone have experience with the Harrison's Mystique bunch? I've been impressed by Fine Classics and Frontier, but much less impressed with Premier Cru. Wondering where Mystique fits.
I'm going to look through the two swatchbooks again tomorrow, but I often find myself deceived by the appearance of the relatively small swatch.
Need some help with summer suiting fabric. Can someone identify which number Crispaire this is? And, can someone tell me if this one below is Fresco 516? Looking at it in the book, 516 looks like a true navy, but Minnis calls it a "French Navy" and that's what this looks like to me. Both pics are from Ethandesu who identifies the fabrics but not the numbers.
I would have guessed 608 or 607
I'd be interested in 6,7 or 9, though I would be most interested in the original colorway if that can be done.
Patrick always does the fittings on tour.It's difficult to tell anything about the fit of the pants without them pinned. The jacket looks good, but, at the fitting, I would pay attention to sleeve length which looks a little long, and it looks as though maybe the back will need a bit of cleaning up. At fittings, I raise issues with Patrick, but my default is to defer to his judgment.
Decided I had no choice but to strip it. The shoes are two or three years old and had never been stripped. I think the layer of wax had become too thick and I'd probably used too much water leading to the separation of the wax layer. In any case, stripped off the old wax with turpentine, then refinished. Here is is after, two coats of cream, three of paste applied dry, and three or four more applied with a drop of water.
As I was shining a pair of G&G Cambridge, the polish on the toe turned a bit cloudy then rubbed away. Looking at it, I think I'm going to have to strip the entire toe. Any way around this?
Frontier is 11 or 10.5/11 IIRC.Also Fine Classics.