or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

I could be wrong but I recall an older iteration of St Crispin's website suggesting that saddle soap be used for cleaning very dirty shoes.
I've been in the HK store three or four times. Each time I was on a stopover in HK on the way back from diving in Indonesia, so I was dressed in some combination of jeans, shorts, ratty t-shirts, sweatshirts, sneakers, etc--oh and wearing a cheap Seiko dive watch. Despite this, and even though I was only looking and told them so--though possibly to purchase later--the staff was extraordinarily helpful, bringing out shoes for me and my son to try on, answering questions...
In 3.5" as well?
Getting ready to order a suit from the Smith's mohair book. In swatch form at least, I really like one of the 60% mohair fabrics in a dark petrol blue but I'm worried about how shiny it will be in the large expanses of a garment. As a swatch, it has a slight but noticeable sheen. I'm wondering if anyone has anything made up from one of these 60% mohair fabrics and can comment on just how shiny they are. There's a similar color in 30% mohair but it's a smoother texture...
Was sitting at the bar while you snapped those photos. Great setting for it.Those saddle bluchers are really spectacular. I had thought my next order would be slip-ons or chukkas, but those are so great IRL that I may change my plan.
Phillip Carr of St Crispin's believes conditioners and creams are at best useless and at worst harmful at least on the leathers used in his shoes.
Anyone have experience with the Harrison's Mystique bunch? I've been impressed by Fine Classics and Frontier, but much less impressed with Premier Cru. Wondering where Mystique fits.
I'm going to look through the two swatchbooks again tomorrow, but I often find myself deceived by the appearance of the relatively small swatch.