or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

Trying to decide on my next order. Considering the 575 or the 633 I've seen the 575 IRL but not the 633. Anyone own these? Having any opinions on how well St. C does this Dover type stitching?
No Smith's Mohair on the new Harrison's website. Does this mean it's discontinued?
This is often said, and I'm sure it's true, but I've had three pair of trousers remade a year or more after the suits were made without any problem. One was Smith's Finmeresco, the other two Minnis Fresco. In each case, I had the merchant send a swatch with information identifying the bolt. After I compared it to the suit and made sure of a match, I provided that information to my tailor.
Finally got around to wearing these in New York today. A bit of snow on shoes and later spilled coffee on the one. Still no sign of spotting, but I'll keep an eye and report back. The rubber sole is incredibly comfortable.
Here's the rubber sole. Not sure what it's called. It was Phillips suggestion. He commented specifically that he liked it because it could be beveled and so was less conspicuous. I think it looks good but I think something heavy like vibram would also look fine with the shrunken calf.
I will. I asked Phillip about the reported problems before ordering. He assured me there wouldn't be any issues.
Latest order. My first casual shoes from St. C. Shrunken calf, rubber soles.
Fantastic looking shoes. Please post pictures after you've worn them. I don't like the chisel last but the novello interests me a great deal. But in some pics, like those of your shoes, it looks great, in others too elongated.
The fabrics in the Classic II book seem a little softer than the older fabrics. Also, it's worth checking out Harrison's P&B Fine Classics. Very similar to Minnis but more patterns, and IMO nicer blues.
Monkstraps