Posts by Mr. Pink

I met with Zach yesterday in San Diego. Very nice guy. Very helpful. Found the trunk show in a hotel suite far preferable to those held in stores. It was quiet and much easier to work through some questions with Zach. Decided to order (in the near future) a personal last and trial shoe, and picked out a new suede for a loafer the style of which I'll decide on later.
I'm going to order one from Art soon. I really like his work.I like the light colored felts better in the warmer weather so I would think so. But that said, once you know your size and style preferences, you can do very well on Ebay, so it won't really matter how remote you are.
In the US there used to be a straw hat day after which felt hats were to be put away. In those in between months when a straw seems wrong but a darker felt is out of place, I often where a hat in lightweight "silverbelly" a common felt color in America. Here's an example:Also, if you can find a vintage Milan straw, they've often turned a lovely shade of brown. These come frequently with funky or garish ribbons but you can have these replaced. Dark navy or burgundy...
Square meter is bigger than a square yard so 31 usually works better than 28.4 when converting from metric to imperial.
After asking the question above, I found this:https://textileapex.blogspot.com/2014/03/huckaback-mockleno-wave.htmlMock leno weavesIntroduction:Mock lenos, also known as imitation lenos are a variety of weaves of ordinary construction which produce effects that are similar in appearance to the gauze or leno styles obtained with the aid of doup mounting. These weaves are generally produced in combination with plain, twill, satin or other simple weaves or even with brocade...
When I first started wearing hats, I worried much more about this and would always take my hat off the moment I walked inside a structure. It made life awfully difficult. But the rule through the time men regularly wore hats was that they could remain on in "public" spaces, lobbies, train stations, airports, coffee shops, etc. By habituation, I've adopted a fairly similar approach. If I'm moving through an area, I don't take my hat off. If I'm inside and staying...
If only they were an 11. Beautiful shoes.
For me this is correct. 11 in G&G, 10.5 is St. C. Remember that for St. C. "F" is medium width.
My experience is a little different. With G & G I have a decent fit on MH71 but much less so on TG73. Fit on SC's is wonderful once dialed in, but that didn't happen with the first--or second--pair. I haven't had Bamboo's experience with St.C's leather and dying. The leather seems to me to be very high quality, a touch better than that used by G&G. Ultimately I like both shoes a lot, but St C is a better value for me. I need a F width in G&G which usually means MTO...
I've used Chan for about ten years and still do. I have my fit and stylistic preferences dialed in. The quality of Chan's workmanship is good, better than when I began using them I think, and stylistically, they're certainly more refined than they were then. But the price has also roughly doubled. The first suit I ordered from Chan, a VBC 110, cost around $1000. Basic English fabrics were around $1100 or $1200. And fabrics from Lesser and H&S were only a little...