or Connect

Posts by Mr. Pink

I had forgotten about Hober because Black Watch was out of stock for so long. But, it occurred to me this morning and I placed an order. David's reppes are not quite matte but neither are they satin finished like Ben Silver's.
Will (A Suitable Wardrobe) used to carry these. I remember seeing that he had them. The next day I went to purchase and they were sold out. He has never restocked. I would gladly join a group purchase for this as well.
@brillopad, hope you'll press ahead on the cashmere knit. I haven't seen any available other than on Will's site and that was several years ago. Seems like the kind of basic but unavailable item that's perfect for this process.
LVC 1955s and 47s, so same idea.
Can anyone describe the difference between the 507 and 524? 507 on the left. 524 on the right. Also, for anyone who owns St C chukkas, do you find them casual enough to wear with workwear type jeans or khakis, or are they too sleek? .
The pictures I remember showed an additional layer of leather (kind of like a heel counter) running from the front of the heel to the toe along the side of the shoe. I wish I could find the pictures but I don't have any real recollection of where I saw them. My own experience is that St. Crispins take considerably longer to break in than my other shoes
St Crispins "give" less and take longer to break in than any other shoe I've worn. Somewhere, there were pictures of all the lateral reinforcement St Crispins uses in their shoes.
Same for my right foot. In G&G, I wear an F width which feels significantly wider than this.
My most recent from Art Fawcett. Granite felt w/ near tone on tone ribbon and binding. Sorry for the lousy photos.
I don't think St. C waist is at all dramatic, but it is more elegant than standard G&G and EG. Never had Deco or Top Drawer, so don't know about those.