or Connect

Posts by jobro

Quote: Originally Posted by L.R. Start using another cleaner as well, and If this one apologizes/offers compensation even after the return, politely accept the apology, decline the extra reimbursment, and move on. Good point. The cleaner will start to treat his customers worse if you remain with him after the error. He will begin to start thinking that these errors are acceptable by the customers. When ever there is a problem like this...
Swear vendetta against said cleaner.
He didn't attend this year but Brad Pitt usually gets his black tie outfit looking pretty spot on (except for the occasional notch lapel).
Quote: Originally Posted by somatoform I aggree to some extent but I wonder if this apologises too much for the tailor. I have a $20 coupon for MT and was planning on using it for a shirt - total cost with shipping minus $20 would be like just under $50 or something. But from what I've seen on this thread even $50 would me too much for a mtm shirt that the tailor is not doing right, unless the posters are really fugging up their measurements. As...
Quote: Originally Posted by [d] i checked the moderntailor site and found a red check pattern which i like... seems their options are ok, though they don't have a back pleat style which i like, and they seem to offer button only cuffs. I dont know where you sourced your information from however hey do offer the following range of cuffs and backs: Round cut Cut corner Square Convertible French square (Button-less) French round...
Personally I find the 5-6 button vest with a tuxedo (or dinner suit) extremely tacky (even without the bunny prints). Secondly I dont think the scoop front vest can be beaten.
Quote: Originally Posted by Dmax The answer depends on your definition of "Ultimate". If cost is not a priority you should look at a custom made knife from one of the makers who specialize in kitchen knives like: Thomas Haslinger, Murray Carter or Bob Kramer. Here is Haslinger carving set offered by The Epicurean Edge ($975) as an example: That is one nice set. Do people use the knife separately from the fork or is it a special set...
Quote: Originally Posted by Weich77 Buttons Down Collar with MOP buttons I have washed them many many times, they are "impeccable" My seconde BD collar has eadge stiching + purple buttonholes thread (+$5 for each special requirments) Looks great un-buttoned however the collar is way to big when buttoned.
Quote: Originally Posted by Verno Inferno Have you checked out this Molly Rogers number? http://mollyrodgers.com/html/products/vest2.html The scoop may be more rounded looking than you're for and it doesn't have it's own lapels. It looks like you can get it for $325, according to the price sheet. Sorry it's quite a bit different from the Tom Ford waistcoat, but I've been hunting for a more rounded look too and thought this one was...
What is a postman vest? I much prefer the look of the low cut vests, especially the ones that give off the round effect at the top of the joining part.