or Connect

Posts by Mr. Claymore

Well if you had sold the Calder instead of donating it you could have financed a mobile backed, mobile party…I have been championing this kind of idea for a while now: If the meet-ups happened more regularly (say, biannually or quarterly), merchants could plan for trunk shows and the like and members could better plan travel arrangements.Since the New Yorkers are missing out in March, how about a mass meet-up around January 21st-24th while everyone is in town for market?
It is hard to more clear that Mr. Franz, but I will try: No. That is exactly Mr. Franz's eloquently stated point. The personal shopper could be the most august member  from our ranks, they could impart all of our "values" and make all the purchaseing decisions for the customer, they  could even  pick out all the outfits and the  customer would only wear them that way, and still they would not be as stylish someone with the "unlimited knowledge" you speak of simply because...
Maybe you live under a rock and never venture from this sartorial playground; but Twilight, at the very least, comes readily to mind. Mr. Franz welcome to Styleforum. It has been far too long since one with such elocution has typed among us. We would enjoy it while we can before you become jaded like the rest of us...
Depends on whether you prefer the styling of Ralph or Paul. Paul Stuart suits are made by Samuelsohn and are full canvas and generally fit true to size. Blue Label suit are half canvas and fit true to size –to a little small. I wear both frequently, though usually made to measure. They will not wear appreciably differently. It all really comes down to whose look, cut, and fabric you prefer.
That was exactly my point here. If these little get-togethers were on a more regular basis people could actually plan for them.Gentlemen, have a wonderful time in London.
I believe the answer for having meet-ups work is to have them at regular intervals. Most people find it too awkward to just get together with people they know from the internets. If it was a more established meeting I think more people would show up. I expanded on the idea in an underappreciated thread here: http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/256137/an-idea-for-the-improved-benefit-of-style-forum/0_100
In honor of the new system and my hundredth post I wanted to propose an idea that I have been mulling over for some time: Namely that we should have meet-ups in New York and San Francisco (and maybe other cities) at regular intervals –say quarterly if not bi-monthly. The ambassador program is great idea and will truly help to build a stronger community and therefore forum, but I think making the meetings more regular will only improve upon it. For example: If meetings...
I mostly wear three piece suits so I usually only button my coat when it is double breasted.Not necessarily the best example considering Mr. Obama is wearing a full dress coat; which does not button in any case -sitting or standing.
Quote: Originally Posted by acecow Quote: Originally Posted by kevinsp8 OMFG. What can one say except you must have quite an extensive wardrobe, or else you really went all out for this fundraiser! Is that riding crop ivory? Quote: Originally Posted by Milo Minderbinder I've been lurking for months, and this is the first post that's got me to actually comment. This is awesome. Everything about it....
I'm glad this thread is still keeping things interesting... In an effort to revive the meme of the picture Mr. Sartoria use for his Esquire entry; (maybe an image you should claim, Mr. Poker in your ongoing series of meme profile pictures?) Here is a little ensemble I wore for a recent fundraiser at the zoo. The invitation did read "safari chic". I hope this qualified... A close-up of the accessories. If you look close you will be able to see the half belt and gathered...