or Connect

Posts by Mr. Claymore

That is a wonderful book. Thank you for posting it. I especially like the order form. The store copies of measurements on the left hand side are interesting to compare to modern sizes. People were so much smaller then!
I though I was going to have to miss out because I didn't have a chance to take a picture yesterday. Fortunately I found this picture of the same outfit, albeit with a different shirt and tie.@Claghorn I don't know that my beard is that epic.... It certainly has been more eccentric in years past. [[SPOILER]]
Glen plaid on glen plaid: Trying too hard... Don't worry, there's a watch chain under there too:
What "fun" this thread turned into. Wearing my black bowler today so I figured I'd venture back into the fray. Didn't anyone care that I had to have it re-blocked???Can we ALL agree that a bowler may be a "classic" hat and a "staple" in the pantheon of head wear but due to the fact that VERY few people wear them regularly it might just happen to cause you to stick out a bit? Does that work for everyone? Maybe? (Can't we all just get along?) We can all wear what we want to...
Costume? Eccentric??? (boy are those pictures old...) Actually, I just came into this thread again looking for a little commiseration. My other bowler was accidentally sat upon and now needs to be reblocked. That is all.
I'm surprised things have stayed so low key in his shoe thread.It's a shame I won't be in New York next week. I feel like a meetup ( like the one I am trying to put together the following week) at the Ambrosi trunk show would be pretty epic.
With meetups in D.C. and San Fransisco, who's up for one in New York? Anyone else going to be in town?
That's pretty incredible. I wonder if the collection is made in Nigeria too?
So, navy linen for the contest then?It would have been more illustrative to show the two suits side by side, I'll grant you, but I just didn't have a picture of the linen suit handy.
The fabric is indeed pretty similar, It is the deco stripe -the windowpane overpaid- that is different. One is purple and the other blue. The farthest right garment is a sport coat. My view on duplication in the wardrobe is a little outside the norm. I have two white suits: one is double breasted and silk the other is linen and single breasted. That is different enough for me.