or Connect

Posts by Mr. Claymore

I believe the answer for having meet-ups work is to have them at regular intervals. Most people find it too awkward to just get together with people they know from the internets. If it was a more established meeting I think more people would show up. I expanded on the idea in an underappreciated thread here: http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/256137/an-idea-for-the-improved-benefit-of-style-forum/0_100
In honor of the new system and my hundredth post I wanted to propose an idea that I have been mulling over for some time: Namely that we should have meet-ups in New York and San Francisco (and maybe other cities) at regular intervals –say quarterly if not bi-monthly. The ambassador program is great idea and will truly help to build a stronger community and therefore forum, but I think making the meetings more regular will only improve upon it. For example: If meetings...
I mostly wear three piece suits so I usually only button my coat when it is double breasted.Not necessarily the best example considering Mr. Obama is wearing a full dress coat; which does not button in any case -sitting or standing.
Quote: Originally Posted by acecow Quote: Originally Posted by kevinsp8 OMFG. What can one say except you must have quite an extensive wardrobe, or else you really went all out for this fundraiser! Is that riding crop ivory? Quote: Originally Posted by Milo Minderbinder I've been lurking for months, and this is the first post that's got me to actually comment. This is awesome. Everything about it....
I'm glad this thread is still keeping things interesting... In an effort to revive the meme of the picture Mr. Sartoria use for his Esquire entry; (maybe an image you should claim, Mr. Poker in your ongoing series of meme profile pictures?) Here is a little ensemble I wore for a recent fundraiser at the zoo. The invitation did read "safari chic". I hope this qualified... A close-up of the accessories. If you look close you will be able to see the half belt and gathered...
Holland & Sherry Bunch HS579 16oz. Not a lot of patterns in that book but some great colors; especially high shades. I have not compared it to the other mills mentioned, but I have been very happy with this suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cary Grant I agree that the lily doesn't work- that's more of a mother-in-lay flower/corsage sort of thing. I am not sure why I care enough to correct anyone; but the second flower is definitely a white orchid. I do not, however, think it necessarily works with this outfit. Maybe it would if you used a smaller bloom or paired it with a more formal look. Orchids are nice to use because the floors are hardy...
The first flower looks like some verity of daisy or mum (chrysanthemum). The second flower is definitely an orchid.
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker Bonus SF hero points for anyone who remembers this. *PP Ah yes......The good old days when Vox was Vox and you weren't running around "ruining" styleforum....
It is a nit that has been picked several times before. Both voxsartoria and mafoofan have suffered the indignity. I am surprised you do not remember. Mr. sartoria's picking seems to be squirreled but Mr. fan's remains: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=121