or Connect

Posts by Mr. Claymore

Quote: Originally Posted by trex anyone else thinks Mr. Claymore is vox's troll? I may be a noob (to this forum anyway, not to clothing) but I am not a troll.
If there is anyone who knows about double breasted vests it certainly is Manton.
Changeable buttons? Then it must use cotter pins. However it ends up "unfolding," I like the double breasted vest and the hidden hole to hang the chain. I have only ever put a chain through a button hole. I hope we will soon see a good picture of the vest on and a chain and maybe a good fob in place.
The outline identified by the red "u" is just the lapel of the double breasted vest showing through.
Though it is not really a "clothes" movie, there is one great scene I remember in Highlander II. Sean Connery walks into the "oldest gentleman's tailor in Scotland" and wants a "suit of clothes" made immediately. The store manager tells him it usually takes several weeks. Connery hands him his gigantic baroque pearl earring and says: "I'm afraid sir damn well does understand. And sir would like his suit of clothes by three o'clock." The manager snaps his...
I actually once had a customer who had a blazer with solid gold buttons. He did not trust his dry cleaner with it so he had the coat made (I do not know where) with small holes in the front and on the sleeves so that the buttons could be attached with cotter pins. He then removed the buttons when he sent it to the cleaners. If i recall correctly the blazer was quarter lined, which would make it much easier to get to the front buttons at least.
What? You mean you guy are not elegant and sophisticated enough to appreciate something as beautiful as a pair of anachronistic formal footwear. I guess I will just have to try over at the London Lounge........ And the Piccadilly is the perfect shoe the wear with a nice pair of fall corduroys'. And for goodness sakes the suede Buxton was the house shoe of the Duke of Windsor. What is with all the loafer hate? Anyway I still have a few shoes left. I will not...
Gentlemen, I expected better. After all the phone calls on Saturday I expected all the famous sale shoppers to descend on my close out of Edward Greens. I received a total of two emails since my post detailing the remaining shoes. Is it just the mystery you guys really like? Once I laid down my cards the calls stopped. Is it the great deal of the unknown that gets the Styleforum going? The mislabeled shoe on polo.com that just maybe, could be a fabulously discounted...
Gentleman, First of all it is Charley. But other than that thank you for all the attention over our Edward Greens. I have fielded many phone calls from all of you about the shoes. The store is now closed but I wanted to let everyone know what we have left in stock. Shoes and prices are as follows: (All come with lasted shoe trees unless noted) (Sizes as on shoes; English/American) Model: Buxton Leather: Coffee Suede Last: 61 Width: D Sizes: 9/9.5;...