or Connect

Posts by Mr. Claymore

Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker By the way - Im reading the new New York magazine, the fashion edition, and I had no idea that Scott was dating Garance Dore. Really? He talks about her quite a lot and takes her picture frequently on his blog. While I think he has done an impressive job of turning a simple idea into a good business, the way he carries on -publicly- about Garance has caused me to lose a lot of respect for him. Here is...
With the snow falling and a fit battle in progress, I figure it is about time to finally post the pictures I intended to use for the Pitti Challenge. My Blue Challenge look is actually fairly subdued for me. The following look reflects more what I wear on a daily basis and is an outfit I would have worn if I had attended the Pitto Uomo show like originally planned. So without further ado, I'll steal some fabric from Neofinitia and stand in front of a Danish flag (actually...
Quote: Originally Posted by Recoil Is Claymore's a two-button? Seems to be a very high buttoning point for a jacket that long, maybe I just can't see the third button. I prefer the shirt, tie and PS combo of Claymore. Thank you. It is a three button, most of my single breasted suits are; however, the bottom button got ripped off on the edge of a table when I stood up too quickly. So few people notice that I have never bothered to replace...
Quote: Originally Posted by upr_crust God, I've gone from Lenin to Trotsky (the Jewish Bolshevik) to the Pope (I don't remember any Popes with facial hair of late) I thought it might make a good nickname; especially considering Tibor's quote in your signature. Quote: Originally Posted by upr_crust As for a Fit Battle, a three-way between myself, Claymore and TTO might be quite interesting...
Oh my! I just got back online. What have I got into? Fit battle with the Pope...Oh dear...
Good, a challenge I don't have to worry about being late to. I do not own a pair of jeans.
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker YAY more work! Don't worry about counting me. I just posted in the thread to get comments and feedback. It is my own fault I can never enter a contest on time. I usually have the pictures taken but something always seems to delay me from posting them. Quote: Originally Posted by TTO I think I see a Fit Battle between Upr_Crust and Mr Claymore! -TTO I'm game if the...
I think they have a newer model (Sinclair? Maybe) that has a trimmer lapel. Their classic models though, are just that; classic. None of them are particularly aggressive. What kind of look are you going for? Why are you choosing to go with Southwick?
Quote: Originally Posted by BillyMaysHere! I vote for yfyf, I don't give a fuck what options that poll has. Quote: Originally Posted by cptjeff I'll throw a vote to yfyf too, in addition to my other choices. Screw the poll. If that is way you guys are going to be then I am going to post my pictures here too. That is; unless the great Spoo forbids it.
Brooks Brothers purchased Southwick in 2008 and built a new factory. Make- is ...ok. Fit- is the same as ever; sacky/boxy classic American, though they are working on developing some more softly constructed models. Their real strength in MTM is the great flannel and tweed fabrics they have available. Functional button holes: not problem. Why do you want to adjust the lapel width?