or Connect

Posts by gopherblue

I always rationalized that the CS needed water and thus I'd get more bang for the buck, but I still pour the same three fingers, regardless.
Just a plug for the service at the Jermyn Street store. I purchased three pairs of EGs last November at the factory sale in Northampton during my last visit to the UK. One of the pairs, my favorite casual shoe, the Cardiff, are E's, which are a bit too wide/loose for my D feet. I've been using slip-in insoles to take up the room. I was in London visiting relatives and stopped by the shop. Robert, one of the folks who works there, offered to have their cobbler remove...
Can't really see much but here they are. Unlined on the left.
Just an update. I was in Florence this week and made a point to get some new gloves (my last visit was 6 or so years ago and I could use a new pair). I can confirm that, unfortunately, neither Madova nor Martelli offer real peccary any more, only carpincho. Martelli may have it in your size if you ask repeatedly "no, the other peccary," but they indicated they don't stock it any more. They had none in my size (8.5). Pusateri, however, did have peccary, and a very good...
I'm a fan!
Just a PSA: Ercole has a suit-length of the custom Tobacco color Minnis Fresco, if anyone is interested. (I have 3.5m too, FYI.)
Pair of Crockett & Jones Pembrokes in Tan Scotch Grain leather with Dainite rubber soles. Size: 9.5E (UK). Last: 325. These are fantastic shoes. Purchased brand new and worn only a few times. Unfortunately, I have a low-volume narrow foot and despite sizing down to these, they just don't fit me. Shipped with original box and shoe bags. Shipping to CONUS at cost, or can meet in person in NYC. PayPal preferred (unless in NYC, where cash is king).
I have 3.5 meters of the Tobacco Minnis Fresco for sale. It's from the custom order done a year or so ago. I've got too many Fresco suits, so I don't need this suit-length of fabric. Shipping to CONUS addresses included, or can meet in person in NYC. PayPal preferred (unless in NYC, where cash is king). Please PM if interested.
I'll play the other side:Even at the factory sale, the EG shoe trees are quite dear in price. Don't get me wrong: they are fantastic and gorgeous, and lasted to the shoes. But at the end of the day, Woodlore (or other quality cedar shoe trees) fulfill the role perfectly well, and at a quarter the price. I've never noticed any difference in shoe wear between lasted and third party shoe trees.I thought long and hard about this, but all things being equal, I'd rather save...