or Connect

Posts by gopherblue

Tobacco Brown Minnis Fresco vs the standard 518 Brown Minnis Fresco... Does anyone have clothing made up from the 518 brown? And maybe more importantly, does anyone have something made from each (e.g., a Slewfoot tobacco brown sportcoat and a standard 518 brown sportcoat)? I have a suit length of the standard 518 brown, but I'm interested in the tobacco. What are the pros/cons of each?
Any idea if we can lump orders together to combine shipping? The Pound is killing the Dollar right now, so every little bit helps.
What about Harrison's Mirage? Wool/linen/silk, and there are a number of windowpanes offered.
I have to say, I'm admittedly in the minority on this, but I'm not too keen on the A'Bunadh...maybe it has too much sherry for me. But I love the other Aberlours, especially the 18. A good friend of mine thinks I'm nuts, and LOVES the A'Bunadh. He drinks mine whenever he's over.I'm really a peat/smoke guy...but only to a point. Laga is perfect. Ardbeg/Laphroiag are good in moderation, but I can't drink them as much as Laga or Talisker.
Apologies, meant to respond to this earlier...Agoldf has the right answer...the 30 y.o. is Blue Hanger's 3rd release, which was a blend of 30+ year old single malts. Got that one for free from Berry Bros when I was on a spending bender in St. James's Place.
That would be the 2012 Ardbeg Day special limited release. Also hidden near the back is an Aberlour A'bunadh.
Yes, Talisker 18. Well done!
I think it's one bottle of the regular 16 and three different years of the cask strength 12 y.o.There's also a 1993 distillers edition floating around here somewhere.
I never usually do this, but what the hell. Here's most of my currently opened stock. Not a great iphone pic, but extra points if you can name all the bottles!
One of my biggest whisky regrets was not buying a second (or third) bottle of the Highland Park 21 (which was a duty free-only bottling a few years back). Sensational stuff, then they diluted it, raised the price and took it off the market. It's back now, but at almost twice the price. For Islay or peat/smoke buffs, I recommend Laga 16 (or the CS 12 y.o. special bottlings) for the best balance of peat, smoke and iodine/salt. The Talisker 10 too, for a slightly more...