or Connect

Posts by gopherblue

Chelseas, Dovers and Galways were extremely thin on the ground. Maybe one or two of each in very large sizes and smaller sizes, but not much in the bulge-bracket sizes of 8-10.5. I wasn't thrilled with the selection, but as I said I did manage to find three pairs.
Fortune smiled on me today...or perhaps it was just serendipity. I'm in London this week and just by chance today was the first day of the EG factory sale. Good timing for me: hopped on a train this morning and was 6th in line. Scored a pair of Cardiffs in gold delapre with dainite soles, Ectons in antique chestnut and Clavertons in antique dark oak. I was hoping for Galways and Dovers, but these three will have to make do. And the small VAT refund doesn't hurt either...
Late to the party on this one (hopefully not too late). The original JLC MUT dress watch ticks all your boxes except size. 34mm, but insanely thin (Cal 849 is only 1.85mm thick) and a true dress watch. Extremely elegant and perfect to wear for a formal occasion like your own wedding. Get the version with the sapphire back and marvel at a true ultrathin (a complication in itself). It was made in steel, white/rose gold and per your request, platinum.Otherwise, I concur...
Well, a replacement link spring is important if you want the watch to stay on your wrist....But seriously, you might as well go to an AD for that, it shouldn't be much of a cost.
I totally thought this was posted by someone else.
Love that stingray! I'm so tempted to get it for one of my watches.
I've purchased custom straps from Jean Rousseau in London. Very good quality, similar to Camille Fournet.Regarding stingray...maybe not in pink, but it's cool (but spendy) stuff that looks great with the right watch.
Camille Fournet: camillefournet.comThey are one of the OEM manufacturers of straps for all the major brands. You can order a custom MTO through their website. Outstanding quality and fantastic prices.
While an extra year is nice, as someone who recently purchased a Rolex earlier this year, I'm disappointed they didn't include watches purchased in the last 12 months in the 5 year warranty group. Frankly, there's no reason not to, and it would generate goodwill.
No surprise there.