or Connect

Posts by gopherblue

No worries...was just giving you a hard time. I will say that while I really love the material, it isn't a "hard" cloth, finish-wise, so it has a bit of a nap now that I've worn it a bit. So that's the main reason I don't think it would work as trousers. But it is really great stuff.That said, I'm sure someone on SF has made a suit out of it and has an opposing view, so hopefully others will chime in.
Let me google that for you...But seriously, I had a Mirage jacket made by Ercole's, and I really like it. Frank really likes the stuff--he had several patterns in stock and said it made up beautifully. I'm pretty sure he only recommended having jackets made from it. Having worn it a bit, I absolutely agree. Just like the Moonbeam, I don't think it is hard-wearing enough to be used for trousers. But it makes a fantastic jacket. If a summer suit is the intention, I...
I want a sign from a watch manufacturer about as much as I want a sign from the company that makes my toaster.
D'oh!
I'd be sure to ask Frank about buggy-lined Fresco. If it's the standard Minnis Fresco, you can pretty much see right through it. And if you go to Bay Ridge, you can get some amazing food in the neighborhood.
I'd block off at least an hour. If he's not busy, that should be plenty of time, unless you decide to spend time browsing the various fabric bunches.
C'mon, fellas, it's not always CBD. Loosen up...it's a wedding for the love of Mike...go for the flamboyant English banker look!
Boo. ;-)
Apologies for the cross-post from the Ercole thread, but a liability I had squirreled away at Ercole's is finally funded! Just in the nick of time for the arctic snap here in NYC...my latest from Frank: The last of his stock of the Molloy & Son barleycorn tweed. I love this fabric. Apologies for the weird lighting/color of the pics, but I can only do so much with an iphone.
Just in the nick of time for the arctic snap here in NYC...my latest from Frank: The last of his stock of the Molloy & Son barleycorn tweed. I agree with @Slewfoot, it is as comfy as a blanket. I love this fabric. Apologies for the weird lighting/color of the pics, but I can only do so much with an iphone.