or Connect

Posts by akatsuki

I'd never collect like either of these guys even if I had the dough. Always struck me as kind of a waste not using them. I would buy nice cars I would use hard and just appall the shit out of everyone when they have birdshit on them and need cleaning and stuff. Hell, I'd stick snow tires on an LFA and drive it around in winter if it still wouldn't be a death sentence.
He does some of them apparently:"The cars are arranged by make, not by chronology, which usually also means that the floors are organized by color, since almost all of the Ferraris are red, the Porsches black, and the Jaguars dark green."From Vanity Fair. It also says that he actually paints some of them slightly different than the standard reds."a few have been painted in colors that are a slight tint off from the original, changed to something almost the same but with a...
Doing a Seinfeld slow marathon accompanied by this Vulture article ranking them all. Still a better comedy than 90% of what is on the air.
OK - I think I am going to go with a J100 - Himel vs RMC? Need to figure out where to try on each here in the Bay. Anyone comment on either fit? I want it to be pretty slim cut.
Doesn't RL repaint all his cars a couple of different colors depending on type? Custom silver for sedans and red for sports cars?
Heh, I bought the Unbreakables, which are 600 for jeans. Cause if you are going to spend, might as well just do it. Dyneema is expensive stuff, hiking backpacks made out of it run $600+ anyway, so the price isn't that surprising. Pants are the one area I am kind of willing to skip armor on. I tend to go ATGATT, but my Held pants are being repaired right now and I wanted a casual option that was still protective. I am not that interested in their tops since they aren't...
Just bought some ridiculously pricey Saint jeans - dyneema woven into the fabric (not patches like a lot of other jeans). They feel like soft lightweight summer jeans and are ridiculously nice.
My take on the NSX - Disappointing and overpriced. Styling is basically the R8 with an ugly nose tacked on. Performance - we'll see, but my understanding is they benchmarked the 458, and that is a generation old.
What do people think of the Gustin jackets?
Started the Magicians, deviates from the book pretty early. Everyone looks 25 but is supposed to be in college. We shall see how it goes, the books had the most annoying characters in many ways, but had a really solid ending. The Expanse also deviates a lot, and seems to be moving a lot slower than the books in many ways. But I just started the books so who knows. Spiral seems interesting, but not sure it is quite the French Wire as it was described to me.