or Connect

Posts by akatsuki

Seriously why bother at all anyway. An iPad is far superior to any car rear entertainment system. Just go spend the money to have one molded into the car cleanly and it will be great.
And yet the X6 sells well enough that others are copying it... And the question remains - why?
Actually even that I get, now imagine they sloped the shit out of that roof in the back so only your children could fit in there and started selling that alongside your X1... And everything else was the same.
I think you are mistaken a bit... It isn't that I am saying they aren't for me. I understand why crossovers generally exist. But I don't understand why hatchbacks on stilts exist. I just would love to understand the buyers' thinking behind it. Is it that they just want something different?
So given that there is almost no difference in ride/handling / fuel economy between an X5 and X6 - which would you buy?
For some reason people buy X6s though. The GLE is slightly better looking - but we are talking still ugly. I get the raison d'etre for the GLK and its ilk. If you don't care about cars, the high seating position is nice and works well with an appliance mentality. But a small hatchback on stilts? I still don't understand this class of cars at all. Is it conspicuous consumption? "I can buy a useless vehicle and since sports cars are mostly out of fashion, the perfect...
Basically high performance means less reliability because you are running closer to the edge of the threshold. Parts aren't engineered to withstand constant 200mph, there are trade-offs in weight and aerodynamics that need to be made just to get there.
So I just was looking for info on the Z06 and ran across a crazy dude that for 2 years has been posting insane, obsessive hate about the C7. Like daily. Look up PeterMJ. Anyway definitely on my shortlist of cars.
Jalopnik just finished out a series on owning a Ferrari. Pretty much matches all my friends' experiences - e.g., pain in the ass 90% of the time for 10% of goodness. Best clip is him "picking up women" which basically shows if you have no game, getting a dog is a better move.
God, you are right, that is awful.The FXX-K, OTOH, looks ridiculously over the top but hot.I wish Lambos came this aggressive nowadays - they just seem like the same wedge over and over again.