or Connect

Posts by akatsuki

I think the improvements are all low level - speed and bug fixes. Plus Swift going open source means they are happy with the underpinnings, so there will be a bunch of dev stuff about that. I am happy they are doing a maintenance release... the system needs it.
Definitely more of a dev presentation overall. But not surprising since they pulled the revised AppleTV at the last minute which I suspect was to be the star of the show.
Maybe, but the mods need to be completely documented, done by one of the best. Then, you know what, they are a wash in value. Otherwise they are a negative. If I want to mod a car, I'll do it myself with people I trust. There are exceptions where someone just wants a 1000bhp Supra and is willing to buy one from the market. But you will have to be very lucky to find that buyer who is willing to pay for it.I pick that example specifically. My friend sold his Z32 that way....
I would never buy a 996 because the interiors are shit, and mostly because of IMS. Same with 997.1s since they have that same engine.Easy - the .1% are driving up prices of traditional classics to stratospheric levels, the .5% go and drive up the next tier and so on.Agree with those older MBs, great cars that look classic right away.Other cars I think might be interesting later:I wonder if the Jag XJS will finally start to appreciate - gorgeous cars with crap...
Oh, I am not talking about vintage Porsches. Air-cooled ones I expect fully to just increase in value. But the 986/996 prices can be pretty outrageous given what total POS they are.If I was buying cheaper cars for potential appreciation, I'd probably buy an air-cooled Porsche, as pristine of a Mk IV Supra I could find, maybe some of the other underappreciated Japanese sports cars like the Nissan Z32, and NSXs still sell for nothing given their relative fame and importance....
Modified, except in very rare cases, means decreased price. And pretty much no modified BMW fits in those rare cases. Hell, I've been thinking about buying a Supra TT and it is impossible to find one that hasn't been tuned up to 600hp. And then they want to be paid for abusing the shit out of their car. I'd also suggest that Porsche owners are just as delusional in their pricing.
I am a huge fan of Hylete shorts personally. Really good stuff.
My view is if a car doesn't look good in every color, then the lines have problems. Which is fine in the end, but it makes me really evaluate the look closer.
I want one badly, but I am more concerned about the lack of CPU power. Going back to a circa-2011 performance is not going to work for me. I'll probably just hold out or get a MBP.
The only Android phone that I am jealous of is the Yotaphone for the eInk back.