or Connect

Posts by Simontuntelder

Quote: Originally Posted by drmmr http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI....T#ht_500wt_922 Trickers x Margaret Howell? Couldn't find any info on it. Because Margaret doesn't tell Selectism or Hypebeast about every collaboration she does. She has used Trickers on several occasions. She has also used numerous other British companies like Gloverall and Baracuta.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pablo-T I'm sure it's legit if it's aero. I presume it's 2006, there were some nasty looking distressed items around that time. Must be one of the first Turkish-sewn items. THe Sanforized proucts (505 and 557) as well as many of the washed jeans are produced there. Unfortunately... They should at least make all raw products in the US. Now the jackets, except some of the "old" ones and the 505 are made in...
Ok, didn't see your edit. I was trying to find his user name but to no avail.
Looks legit. Almost all recent LVC jackets are made in Turkey. You didn't by any chance buy it from an English/scottish guy on eBay with a name that includes water-something-something (if I remember correctly)? He works for Aero and sells a lot of LVC on the bay.
Thanks for the advice. I'm probably just a bit too impatient and I want to use all my energy on just one piece. But I should probably just not skip any corners. It will be a future project. Maybe I'll have enough time around christmas. I'll post some pics if I get around to actually doing it. PS: My girlfriend is actually studying to become a pattern maker. I just want to do this myself. So buying a pattern seems funnier than asking her to make one for...
BTW am I the only one that feels an urge to do a DIY project when you see really old repro jeans? I have been thinkin about making a pair of jeans for a long time, but I'm not the best sewer, and the little experience with sewing I do have, doesn't extend to making my own pair of jeans. I have been collecting denim and other vintage fabrics for a long time, but I still haven't made anything noticable. I think I have everything I need; denim (and other twills,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pablo-T Yup, they do. I believe the reinforced pair are based on a patent in Levi's files that was recently printed in Mike Harris's book, it's a less detailed pic but the same style. Il'll post a pic soon if no one else does. Glad you like them, you've always had good taste (which could simply mean i like the same things you do). Not sure about inseam length... it will at least be easy to alter these, as they predate the...
Instead of a price drop I'll reduce worlwide shipping to almost nothing - $5 flat - no matter what you buy. This is a HUGE drop on some items. Need these things gone.
Mor info on the Elfelt jeans, please. I am looking up SUFU, right now, but a quick sum up would be great. Glad you reminded me about the pantaloons. I have been calling jeans that for years, and my girlfriend loves it. Here are some more pics (not...
If someone here has a strange body type or a nice wifey that needs som spoiling (don't spare the rod of course) Then these may be worth a look http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-LEVIS-70...item43a298a8bc Have you seen these before, Paul? I haven't. But I assume they are a 40's (painted arcuate) women repro (number 701 and pink selvage), right? They could be fake for all I know, but I'm guessing they aren't.