or Connect

Posts by Simontuntelder

Quote: Originally Posted by ts18 Want to order this http://cgi.ebay.com/Russell-Moccasin...item415721d332 BUt I dont know the fit well. Should I order half size down or a whole size? Thanks Of course I'm going out on a limb here, but I would say that you can go down a full size. I have a pair of Russel boots, and they are quite oversized (not sure if it is a 1/2 or 1 full size) and they are a D-width, and these boots are a EE-width, which...
For those of you, who are frustrated with the inflated prices over the last couple of seasons - you can go to Eleven They have very few sizes left, but their raw jeans are "only" ungefähr £150 https://www.eleven-shop.co.uk/collec.../levis-vintage
Quote: Originally Posted by Pablo-T They look ok... the 505 never seem to fetch quite as much as the 501. What I found weird, not as fake or anything like that, as they are indeed legit from what I can see, was the half-selvage and the selvage in the coin pocket. I have never seen Levis with half-selvage and I thought the selvage in the coinpocket was a detail from much older Levis.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pablo-T It is lovely - normally they don't make final production. I have the same on the thigh of my Roy x Cone - only because we specifically asked them to prioritise all the loom chatter. I like to think Roy kept one of the most flawed pieces of fabric for me... I'm sure he did, Paul, I'm sure he did... Speaking of odd bits and pieces. What do you guys reckon about these vintage...
I like the mill flaw on the yoke... My 551zxx has that on the thigh, and I really like it. Little stupid thing, I guess.
Am I the only one who is slightly disappointed with where LVC is taking things? After they became an independent brand so to speak, I was really hoping for more Made-in-USA styles (like raw denim jackets and the 505) and I was generally hoping for more raw editions. Instead I see more and more shops picking up LVC, but all the shops are selling the pre-distressed jeans (no hate, I wear factory distressed jeans every once in a while) and NO raw jeans. So an increase...
Some years ago I bought some White's on eBay, but I really got the sizing wrong, so I kinda forgot about them again and bought tons of other boots from different makers instead. Now I want to give White's another try - the oxford/Rainier for starters-, but I'm unsure about the sizing. I have feet like a duck - flat, slightly wide and with a narrow(er) heel. Does anybody have similar feet who can tell me if this is enough to chose the E-width, instead of the D-width?...
Ah, they are a bit too expensive for my liking at the moment. I have had the pleasure of checking them out a couple of times. They seem really sturdy, very well made and SUPER heavy (too heavy maybe). But I also have to ask, why some of their boots includes fabric like denim or a hemp canvas. I don't see either holding up as well as leather. I was thinking about getting some White's instead.
Quote: Originally Posted by Baron It's a little slimmer, for one. I personally like the zipper fly, and I think GS does too. The '54 501z is the slimmest version. I even think the '66 and '78 501 may be as slim as the 505.
Quote: Originally Posted by whodini Don't you think it's a bit harsh to criticize SNS for trying to run its business and staying profitable by keeping its prices low enough to compete in a fairly saturated outerwear market? In an ideal world, I'm sure many businesses would prefer to keep production within their own country if costs were the same but that's not the reality because, like you wrote, "it's the same everywhere." Like I wrote before,...