or Connect

Posts by Simontuntelder

I just think it is unneccesary for him to defend himself like that.
Zissou, just let hater's hate. If you wanted to charge a mio dollars for one belt made out of paper, then that would be OK. You set your own prices, remember that. You aren't doing any good by trying to justify your prices or quality. Please keep in mind, that I'm not saying anything negative about your quality or work. I just don't think you are handling this too well.
Belts do not have to be thick. And in your case the chromexcel will last a LONG time, as it is a oil pull-up, and therefore it will never get stiff, and you will barely have to treat it with anything other than a drop of Neatsfoot oil every two years.
Judging from the pictures, my vote would go to Hollows if you are going artisan. His handstitching is just perfect. Tanner shouldn't be called handmade, and the keeper they use, is shit. If you want something special, order a Tender & Co belt. The leather used is from Barker in England. I use it myself for belt making, and it is a really interesting and AMAZING leather. Or else you could go ahead and order from Filson (quite good bridle), Leatherman Ltd (the Trace...
As usual Shoreman is right. The "playboy" is actually kinda classic and it looks quite good when worn right. I remember having a vintage pair with brogueing that I found thrifting when I was 18 or so. They were comfortable and hard wearing.What I dislike about McNairy (ie Sanders) is the use of horrible leathers - corrected grain and patent leathers. And secondly the sole they use is not hard wearing at all.But I think he is quite creative when it comes to pushing the...
Does anyone know how the 505 fit? And how is the construction? I'm looking for a unbreakable pair of chinos (of sorts) that I can wear most of the jeans...
606 - AKA The Ramones jeans
Just bought my fourth pair of Yuketen and so far I have been quite pleased with the quality (besides to wide use of badly tanned leathers), but on this pair you can clearly see lines of silver magic marker on the shoe. It looks like it could be from the cutter, but it looks very unprofessional. They were rather cheap, so I'm not sending them back (and no, they weren't seconds, but they should probably have been), but I'll probably give them some shoe polish or some...
Quote: Originally Posted by me32 Yeah there them. I got two pairs one for myself. When there turned up they look excellent. Just was trying to figure out if to sell the other pair or not and if so who to. Would ebay be the best place? Unfortunatly im not in the US so no where near San Fran to get the legs put back on. They would indeed then look amazing! You don't have to be anywhere near the Levi's repair/tailor shop. The repairs they...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pablo-T Thanks Simon! Many of the choice items went to an LVC nut friend in SF and otehrs (at cost I hasten to add) but I kept a nice pair of Lot 66, which I've always wanted - great knackered pants for the summer - and the striped shirt, which is now one of my favourite items. It's the best LVC sample sale I've seen in seven or eight years... I can't justify getting much more denim for me, but it's fun to spread it around....