or Connect

Posts by Cordwinder

Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball Finally I ordered 2 sheets of shell cordovan from Japan. Made by Shinki-Hikaku Co. They will ship them to me this week, hope I will get them next week. I will compare it with the shell I ordered from Horween. It is very diffcult to order stuff from Japan. Hope that the leather is good. They are much much cheaper than Horween charge. Just googled the company. Live train a ride away from them... wow.....
Quote: Originally Posted by robin Still can't post, lame. Maybe I'm already banned again. What's your iD and why you did you get banned again?
I'm a wholesaler of Japanese textiles, including denims. ande is right, there are stores that carry denim here in Japan, but I do not know what oceans is looking for (i.e. weight, color, size...)
got PM but forgot to mention, I'm in Japan... you still interested or am I too far for you?
Quote: Originally Posted by oceans11 I'm still pretty new to the forum but need to ask a question in regards to getting my hands on raw selvage fabric (not already made jeans) just the raw fabric itself. Does anyone have any contacts or advise on how to obtain some yardage? What's the normal minimum buy in? Are there any US wholesalers/distributers who deal in Japanese Selvage? Any advise would be great! Thanks in advance I can get...
Quote: Originally Posted by gpe Interesting. Looks like there are only a few companies around which still produce Bemberg cupro (according to Advanced Fiber Spinning Technology Av Toshinari Nakajima, K. Kajiwara, J. E. McIntyre). The other larger company being, eh , Bemberg (http://www.bembergitalia.com/). And I guess the have some sort of copyright in Europe? Asahi Kasei Bembergâ„¢ is a trademark of ASAHI KASEI FIBERS CORPORATION in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fade to Black What i'm even more curious to is who/why let me back. Why were you banned in the first place?
Quote: Originally Posted by babygreenspots As it turns out, Bemberg Rayon is more expensive in China than most of the silks that tailors here use to line suits. Bemberg Rayon must not be made here yet. Do we know where it is made? Are there patterned bembergs? "Bemberg" is the registered tradename for Cupro Rayon made by Asahi Kasei in Japan. Bemberg lining isn't made in CHINA, only in Japan. I've mostly seen them plain but there are...
Umm... now Im lost Why was edmond banned and what's his relationship with J? do they know each other in real life or just on Sufu?
Quote: Originally Posted by thekunk07 nothing wrong per se, but you just re-capped the last 6 postings. I know I should have deleted my post instead of adding "EDIT: got beaten to it " at the end kunk... must be nice getting your size in new york. I'm 188cm and live in Japan. Everything is too small for me...