or Connect

Posts by berlin report

forgot to tuck in the gut.
Quote: Originally Posted by Eason And when you say "eaten by fucking bears" I'm thinking of of cannibalistic fat hairy homosexuals. Eason, son...this picture...too much...I just woke up...
Quote: Originally Posted by bare bodkin I don't need to get over it because I never cared in the first place. I'm just saying they look kinda ghey. That bag looks like a Billingham Hadley, which is a camera bag made of waterproof cotton twill. They've been used by photographers since the seventies, IIRC. I don't know how that could be gayer than an army tote.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncontrol Well, I am trying to branch out more, just accumulating pieces ... However, I understand what you're saying. The difference is that this entire forum isn't about my singular style! In MC, everyone is pretty much posting the same things. There is a very limited range of diversity between regulars there. Good point about the diversity on this side although I'm sure they would say we just don't see the...
Quote: Originally Posted by UrbanComposition You are correct in your assessment of MC. I would argue that it's neither good nor bad, but rather an interest (perhaps overly so) in suiting. I am not by any means a good example, but I will say that practically all men (and many women, for that matter) look great in a suit, which is what attracts many to the forum initially. After this, one begins to see the many aspects of a great fitting suit (and the...
I went to a Men's Only H&M in our area in Berlin yesterday and it was pretty civilized. There were only a few customers in there and I happened to know most of them. Pretty funny. Anyway, thought the collection was quite well done. Wasn't in love with all of it but I thought it was definitely one of the better H&M collaborations, if not the best one. Bought the nylon hooded jacket in sand and the light blue bib shirt. I didn't bother to have a close look at the shoes as ...
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing Who here dresses equal to their boyfriends? I think people would tend to say I dress better than my boyfriend but I love his Lässigkeit.
Quote: Originally Posted by KitAkira Peeps be mad jealous of the hair Quote: Originally Posted by DLester You looked great regardless of age. I don't know why people mentioned it. It wasn't relevant. Thank you. I don't even know why I posted that. Normally I wouldn't have even reacted. I know it wasn't meant to be derogatory. Its almost 4 am in my neck of the woods. Way past grandpa bedtime
Late on this but thank you for the kind comments, gents. I sometimes forget how much older I am than most members on SWD and get kind of surprised whenever my age is mentioned. It sometimes sounds like "he looks good despite his age" although I know it was meant as a compliment. Ageing doesn't have to mean you care less about how you look. I hope this isn't taken as a rant but I just wanted to say my thoughts out loud. It just makes me wonder why my being older almost...
Chauncey/Junk de Luxe/Folk/Incotex/Grenson Shirt/jumper detail