Posts by literasyme

Is this the same line as "Crittenden's Closet"? (Link)
Actually most of the good coffee places in Toronto serve latte/cafe au lait in bowls, as far as I know. Clafouti does, as does Manic Coffee, and Ezra's Pound (best croissants in town) as well. Ezra's at least don't have handles, but their not exactly soup-bowl sized either. Growing up in Europe, I'm familiar with both formats (w/ & w/o handles). Their very common. Odd that her father doesn't know about them.
Quote: Originally Posted by JoeWoah As for regimental ties, what's wrong with them? I'm not going to buy that they're too trad (maybe if they're poplin or cotton). I think they're classic and work in just about all situations. I'm assuming Orsini means that he'd leave regimental stripes at home because in the UK, they actually have a meaning (in that there are real regimental ties, and you're making a false claim by wearing a "fake" one). I...
Heh. That's pretty appalling. Like I said, "some" of their shoes are OK, though (and even in the section you're referring to there are plenty of identikit lace-ups...): This is passable, I think (not great, and cheap, but passable), as is this, and this and this. As for "impeccable finish," well...
It's been down since at least yesterday afternoon.
Quote: Originally Posted by stickonatree aldo is one of those "trendy fashion" places, with cheap/crap shoes and cheaper/crappier designs. the quality of leather would be most likely crap, along with the rest of the fake leather stuff. i liken them to the skechers of "mature" dress shoes. The majority of Aldo shoes are crappy, yes, and they're universally pretty poorly built. But some of their designs are actually a decent compromise between the...
You're doubtless right re. the RL, but thankfully, that's almost negligible for my purposes -- if anything, I'm trying to avoid too conservative a look. I have a very casual Dries suit in linen, which is pretty well made, but I don't have any experience with the build quality of his more formal garments, so any input on that front would be much appreciated. The RL is Italian and likely fully canvassed, right?
Yoox/Ebay deadlines approaching, and I'm a little stymied. Here's option #1, Dries van Noten on Yoox, $638: Yoox And here's option #2, RL Black Label on Ebay, $524: Ebay I have a navy suit and a charcoal pinstripe one, so neither would fill a major gap in my wardrobe (though the navy is two button, and not pinstripe, and the charcoal is three button, so there'd be some variation). My job doesn't really have a dress code -- anything from bespoke suits to jeans and...
Does anyone else get a "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)" response when trying to access the STP website? Their Canadian website works, but it links to the main site for Menswear shopping, and produces the same response.
Thanks for all the advice. I think I'm not too fond of the feel of shell -- it's a little too thick and almost rubbery for my taste, so I think I will send them back. Like Albert, I found they're not quite what I was looking for right now; and once customs and tax were added, they weren't even that much of a bargain. Now all I have to see is if I can persuade GVH to take them back -- it's not until one reads the fine print of their shipping rules that one discovers that...