or Connect

Posts by literasyme

Quote: Originally Posted by MensFashionJournal Thank you, I really like these glasses like I said in my "Honorable Mentions:" ( http://www.mensfashionjournal.com/20...-mentions.html) I think I'm gonna pull an Anna Wintour and make them my signature glasses. Er... read this.
Quote: Originally Posted by MensFashionJournal I like the look, but the fit of the pants and sports jacket is quite awkward. Couldn't disagree more. Very nice fit. Is the SC a Borrelli Linosa?
Quote: Originally Posted by computerpro3 Ideally you'd do it just before the oil starts smoking. You can tell when it's at proper temperature because it will start striating. Once the oil starts smoking it is breaking down and the taste changes. +1
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Thank you for sticking up for me and others like me. - B Always happy to oblige, B.
Quote: Originally Posted by SuitMyself This is my open question to all those who think I was insensitive to Lennie Small about his Value Village sport jacket: What would you have done? What would you have said to him? I did answer your question earlier: Quote: You're confusing two things. What you told that guy, the tone you used, the advice you gave him, whatever -- that's one thing, and since I wasn't there, I can't judge it....
Quote: Originally Posted by SuitMyself How am I bragging? What would you have done in that situation? What would you have told him or done for him? You're confusing two things. What you told that guy, the tone you used, the advice you gave him, whatever -- that's one thing, and since I wasn't there, I can't judge it. I don't work in retail: I have no idea what I would have said or done. But you are bragging about it HERE in telling the...
Quote: Originally Posted by SuitMyself That's okay. That's just how I am. I tell it like it is. But . . . let's look at this another way: Would it had been better if I hadn't told him the jacket didn't fit? What if he was planning to wear it to, say, his girlfriend's birthday dinner or perhaps to a job interview? I honestly think I did him a huge favour. That's not my point. Bragging about it here and calling someone like that a...
Whatever. That story is just unbearably sad, and the more you post the more you come across as a supercilious blowhard. Sorry.
Wow. That's remarkably bad -- did you leave negative feedback? Coming to think of it, I was negotiating with him for a two jacket deal, and when I was ready to pay him he told me that one of them was "not in stock." In retrospect, I suppose he'd in fact got a better offer, but at least no money had changed hands yet.
I've had similarly positive experiences with this seller in the past -- including the very recent past -- as well.