or Connect

Posts by literasyme

Quote: Originally Posted by HORNS Am I to assume that, in the real world, you the paragon of graciousness, understanding, and patience towards people who act like fools? I'm sure we all have our cuntly moments, but most of us don't celebrate them on the interwebs.
Quote: Originally Posted by Von Kaiser I noticed H&C shirts sell for 38 USD. I've read very general criticisms of H&C - e.g., they're "crap," they "suck," etc. I was hoping someone could provide me with specifics before I decide whether to buy a shirt. In my experience, their fabrics are subpar, but most annoyingly the collar and cuffs are extremely stiff and don't soften up at all over time. They feel cheap.
Quote: Originally Posted by sailorjerry1965 I followed the other link and really liked the brown Loake boots; very nice. Coming from the UK, however, they'd probably cost almost as much to ship as it would to purcahse them. You won't find much love for that look here - it's pretty much universally reviled in the SF community, and, to my mind, for good reason. Shipping from the UK isn't that bad. Certainly nowhere near as much as the price...
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba It's just too much fabric under the collar and can be removed easily by your tailor. That's often said around here, but as some of the actual tailors (Despos, Jeffreyd) have pointed out, it's not in fact true. There are a number of possible causes, and not all of them can be easily fixed -- and sometimes the fix is likely to lead to problems elsewhere. My own tailor usually advises me to wear coats...
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin Well, with no Spoo around this week for the outrageous fits...I figured I should sack up. Holy shit -- that's some suit. I love the pattern (mis)matching between lapel and collar: very clever.
Quote: Originally Posted by sailorjerry1965 What kind of boots are appropriate for winter? I'm thinking of having to walk through some slush and wet sidewalks while wearing either a suit or slacks and a sport coat with either my topcoat or raincoat. I plan to take my shoes to change into with me. I'm thinking something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT Opinions? They're hideous and not suitable for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by flalaw Oh, so a bigger collar size also relates to bigger body measurements too sometimes? Not sometimes: always (relative to shirts with a smaller collar in the same line from the same manufacturer).
Quote: Originally Posted by MensFashionJournal What are you talking about? Hate to break it to you, kiddo, but I suspect Mr Morel wasn't entirely sincere in his compliment. Quote: Originally Posted by MensFashionJournal I do read, thats why I responded. You were both asking me why I thought it looked awkward? and thats what I was responding about. Then you don't read good. Read again. Hint: there were no red...
Sounds like a bad idea, unless the body measurements of this two-sizes-too-big shirt somehow match those of a 15.5 shirt. If that is the case, for some reason, I suppose it doesn't matter that you'd never be able to button the top button and/or wear a tie with the shirt.
Quote: Originally Posted by MensFashionJournal Uhm, first pose red shorts. Like I said I really do like the idea. Please don't take this in an offensive way, I'm sure your in excellent shape but I think the shirt is way to slim, focusing the viewer on his pectorals, and his belly (the shirt creates an illusion of a big belly). At least in my opinion. What are you talking about? He wasn't asking about NYR's outfit. Read.