or Connect

Posts by literasyme

I think they're great. I don't think they make them on the premises -- in the past, Drake's made for them, but that's no longer the case. From what the clerk told me last time I was in there and we discussed their Ancient Madder ties, they order their own fabrics (in the case of the Madders, from Macclesfield) and have them made up to their specifications. Mine are quite light and soft, with a very pliable interlining. They're very different from my T&As, which are...
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar A thousand years ago... What, before there was such a thing as "Britain"? That is artful.
Quote: Originally Posted by srivats I think it is just his posture ... Er... isn't that precisely the point? Unless you mean it's his posture in that picture (a posture he does not usually adopt). Baron -- do you mean a long front? I thought a short front resulted in the quarters scissoring.
Sounds entertaining enough, though when did "being British" become an "art"?
Quote: Originally Posted by Lonneker Best drape I've seen in a while. Yeah, but what about the divots?
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiaogou ALL of his stuff is made in America, if that helps. At least the stuff he wears on his television show and at public events. What a patriot. Making American clothes manufacturers look like incompetent cretins every day. Heck of a job, Beckie.
Quote: Originally Posted by msameth This shirt is almost certainly old stock. Buttonholes are hand-sewn and the yolk appears to be lap-stitched (by hand) - features no longer present in the current production. Can't vouch for the rest. Seriously? They don't even do the buttonholes by hand anymore in the new version? That's just sad.
This is crazy -- what a steal! These should be selling like hot cakes given the price point....
Shoes are ugly, but the video is pretty cool. Could have gone further and into a more interesting direction with the sound design.
Quote: Originally Posted by geekshonors This is a piece of luggage I was interested in getting from Briggs and Riley,I'm not usually an accountability cop, but some dudes really chap my arse with the ignorance they use as a form of humor. Now this is an intriguing form of spam. Is it new?