or Connect

Posts by literasyme

Quote: Originally Posted by SuitMyself 19.) If there is one thing I truly despise, it's customers who ask for a discount or something for free because they're buying so much. Quote: Originally Posted by SuitMyself With all due respect, I don't mind if people ask for a discount. There's no harm in asking, right? Just sayin'.
You really are one of the most impressive blowhards around here at the moment. Sure, that particular guy was a fool for considering two shirts "many," but whyever would it be inappropriate for someone buying a lot of items at full price to ask for some kind of discount? More to the point, what the hell could possibly be considered despicable about that? We all know most retailers are selling items at a very comfortable profit margin if tehy're selling at full price, and it...
Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI The furriners better represent. I'd hate to have to come out of retirement to save the day. You've retired?
Quote: Originally Posted by Threadbearer Back to School today! Quote: Originally Posted by Threadbearer Jacket length has always been a vexing problem for me because I have preternaturally long arms in relation to my torso. A jacket that hangs at my knuckles usually looks too long over my ass, and one that just covers my ass often looks too short at my knuckles. Any and all help in this dept would be greatly...
Quote: Originally Posted by kevinsp8 ^ Meh. It's a cotton suit, at an afternoon show about GIs in the South Pacific. Just felt more comfortable. Sometime's a cigar's just a cigar. I didn't know they did bloody musicals at the COC. I like the outfit, but not the shoes; I get your reasoning, but the tie and pocket square don't work as accessories with the trainers.
And? That's not offensive, but essentially correct, and the final point is the truly relevant one -- and it implicated the West as much as anyone else.
Quote: Originally Posted by Threadbearer I'm not following you, dawg. Please elaborate. Jacket length has always been a vexing problem for me because I have preternaturally long arms in relation to my torso. A jacket that hangs at my knuckles usually looks too long over my ass, and one that just covers my ass often looks too short at my knuckles. Any and all help in this dept would be greatly appreciated. Ignore the supposed relationship...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria - B I don't know that these photos, charming though they are, prove much of anything. The marshalls and officials still wear morning suits, I believe, and obviously academic regalia as those above remain de rigueur for faculty. The gown style has changed -- most are now closed-front, but I'd say the vast majority of professors wear at least shirt and tie under the gown (or the equivalent in women's...
Quote: Originally Posted by dragon8 Most MTM is actually MTO. they just get you a coat that fits you and a pants that fits you. Most don't involve measurements. What? That's not correct, is it?
Do not listen to Bowtielover. The correct length of your jacket has NOTHING to do with the length of your arms. It looks like it just about covers your seat, which means it's just about acceptable; a little longer would be better, but this is nothing to worry about. I agree with what others have said about the shirt/tie combo. I'd also say the jacket's sleeves are fine, but your shirt sleeves are too short. If there's time, see if your tailor can let the jacket out at the...