or Connect

Posts by literasyme

Is the MaCo coat canvassed?
What are the fabric weights like? They all look fairly substantial -- are they?
Neither is a particularly good deal. The St Andrews maybe, since they're difficult to find, but the Cantarelli is still overpriced (check Yoox periodically for much, much better deals). The idea that anyone would sell (or buy) a half-canvassed Cantarelli for $1900 is kind of amazing to me. I don't think there's any risk you're going to get scooped on this, so would you ming sharing which boutique you're talking about? I had no idea there was a place in TO that sold St...
Base S is a very nice cut. I have no idea how anyone could consider it "boxy" -- it has natural, almost unpadded shoulders and nicely cut quarters. Armholes are fairly high, but not extreme. Waist suppression can always be adjusted by your tailor.
Quote: Originally Posted by pkiula (2) The shoulder padding is discerningly light. While this feels comfortable, it also leaves a crease on my shoulders. I have perhaps a slightly stronger-than-usual shoulder. Some cheap suits in the past have done this, formed an arching crease on the shoulders. But my Zegna, Corneliani, Canali, and some tailored suits dont do this. Any ideas? (3) How can I find out which line of Isaia it is? From the threads here,...
Quote: Originally Posted by mack11211 Which post merited the honorific? Ambassador. A minister/secretary wouldn't be addressed in that form.
Quote: Originally Posted by stant62 Isn't most of his stuff Zegna? Isaia, I thought. Certainly not especially "American" in styling or cut. Shoes could be C&J?
Quote: Originally Posted by Guero Ditto, and not a one of them has anything but a red Isaia Napoli tag. PC is right that they are likely from several seasons ago but they're by no means ancient. Besides, if you're buying classic styling, who cares? This. I really don't understand the obsession with "current season" labels when it comes to makers like Isaia, Kiton, etc. Surely the point of those brands is that their clothes stand the test of...
Quote: Originally Posted by amplifiedheat I don't know why this idea keeps sticking around, that jacket length has anything to do with your arms. Arm length varies. Some people have no arms at all, and still have a correct suit length. So I will say, yet again: If a suit jacket does not cover the bottom, it is too short. If it goes substantially beyond, it is too long. THIS. Questions about coat length always generate the worst, most...
Quote: Originally Posted by UrbanComposition A fine day for tweed... Holy shit, those are some lapels. Who's the maker?