or Connect

Posts by literasyme

Ah, good old Styleforum. Where the correct length of a coat can be assessed, from the front, down to half inches. It doesn't look too short to my eyes or my taste. And since coat length is, up to a point, a matter of taste, I dare say it's not "too short." It's certainly not so short as to appear ridiculous -- it's not even short enough to appear fashion forward (or even in line with the majority of jackets now sold RTW in Italy).
Coat is not too short. Trousers are not seriously too long, though they could be trimmed by a bit, depending on your personal preference. Looks like there might a slight pitch issue with your left sleeve -- side and back pictures tend to be more revealing that frontal shots. The lapels are a little narrow for my taste; you could certainly wear wider ones.
One to add to the product placement list: Scrabble. Q's mug. Hated the suits -- never mind the tightness, they were also extremely Italian in styling (shoulders, breast pocket, etc.). And one of the first shots shows Bond with a cuff button undone. Please. Loved the Aston Martin, especially the irony of making it a bit clunky and uncomfortable. Wish there's been more irony elsewhere. I thought the franchise had got over not knowing what to do with women beyond the bed...
It's not just next to U of T, it's in a U of T building -- home of the English & Philosophy departments and the Humanities Institute. BB is taking over the old BMO branch, about half the ground floor (there's also a lecture hall & a couple of smaller shops and cafes on the same floor).
Email sent.
How much material to let out the sleeves, assuming there are no functional button holes?
Yes please!
Wool/cotton blends sound great, but I'd also be interested in 100% cottons. Flat front, khakis, browns, greys. Would be interested in 2-3 pairs. Will need a 38 -- and prefer a rise of 10.5 inches or more. The Romanian Incotex can be a little snug on me. Thank you for doing this!
Sorry -- is the Capelli used?