or Connect

Posts by 330CK

Have at it and best of luck--I won't be thrifting much for a while. I'll be learning here:Soon you'll be looking for vicuña suits with my name on them.
Now this is art. (Austin Productions licensed copy of an Alexsander Danel sculpture.)
Once you've weighed them, there are online calculators that take karat into account to give you an idea of what to expect. Most gold buyers will offer you 50% of spot value because they prey on people that need money right away. I've only ever found a gold buckle, but I was able to get 90% of spot on eBay in less than an hour.
As I said in the thread in which I am selling off extra cloth, my tailor is retiring. I'm helping to liquidate as much of his stock as I can. I have two bespoke jackets that are unfinished and five pairs of finished pants: one order was cancelled due to the health of the customer and subsequent weight gain. The client just enjoyed handmade garments and was not an abnormal size, so these items will nearly conform to standard OTR sizes. Unfinished jackets: $1100/each Chest:...
I'm helping to liquidate my tailor's supply of extra cloth. There are a lot of very nice options. I don't know much about the retail value of cloth, so to make it easy on all parties, each length of fabric--no matter how long--is $100. This should be a good deal for most, and an excellent deal for some. I will do occasional price drops until all is sold. Take the whole lot for $2000 shipped. edit: I have had a lot of interest so far, as well as many questions about...
Hahahaha yep.
Oh this happened today too
As much as possible. I think we're starting with shirt making. At the very least he's going to teach me his method of taking measurements that I could use to do a MTM program like Spano or Flusser. I hope we'll have time to work a little on pattern making, though, because that really interests me. I already like to learn so I'm going to absorb as much as possible.Hmmmm... Maybe
So as one could probably deduce from the cloth I bought, my tailor is retiring BUT he offered me a free apprenticeship in the next few months as things wind down
Just picked up a few pieces of fabric.