or Connect

Posts by sammy

Quote: Originally Posted by Slewfoot Sammy - fantastic stuff! I love that style of shoe as the EG Oundle is one of my favorite RTW models. Wear them well! Thank you, Slewfoot. Yes, the shoes were inspired by the Oundle, which is one my favorite models as well.
I have the Cambridge, which is the McAllister with a double leather soul, in walnut. It's a great, versatile color. I wear it with jeans as well as odd trousers.
My strap has only one hole for buckle. Yes, there is an elastic band on the buckle. But as Fishball said, its the placement angle of the strap across the instep that counts.
Thanks for the kind words, guys. Yea, it was a long wait, but well worth it. There were some fit issues with the first trial pair. Rather than try to adjust the pair, they decided to scrap them and start over. I'm glad they did because the fit is sublime. Dominic Casey, the Cleverley rep who visits DC, said that monks are a tricky style to fit. Since there are no laces, the strap placement across the instep has to be just right. There is no room for error. I think this...
Almost 1.5 years after I placed the order, they finally arrived..... Bespoke Cleverly monks in Conker Cape Buck Suede. Beautiful Black Suede Bags!
Nice suit J. Glad Will got you sorted out. I've had a number of pieces made by him and now use him exclusively for bespoke trousers and alterations.
Sold!
Brideshead Revisited- the TV series with Jeremy Irons and Anthony Andrews
Quote: Originally Posted by KtownGreg Common classic with unique twist Beautiful!
I've always admired this photo of Douglas Fairbanks. I hope I can be this stylish at his age. I especially love the trousers he is wearing and want to have my tailor make me a pair in a similar material. Judging by the sheen on the thighs, I thought they might be velvet or moleskin. Anyone know of a book from one of the mills that may have something similar to this? Thanks.