or Connect

Posts by sammy

I made three purchases: 1. Oundle- 82 last, burnt pine 2. Newbury- 808 or 888 (I left if up to Hillary to determine which was best for my foot), no medallion, dark oak. 3. Southwold-808 or 888 (same as above), edwardian I was great meeting some of the DC SF members. Lots of fun!
Thoughts on this shoe-fit,style, comfort, construction? Thanks!
I'm in a similar position as Thinman. For my first pair of MTO EGs, I'm going with the Newbury without the medallion, 4 eyelets, 82 last, heavily antiqued burnt pine. I'm open to suggestions.
Which of EG's lasts work best for flat feet? I really like the look of the 82.
Aportnoy, What do you think about getting the Newbury with either 3 or 4 eyelets instead of 5? I think the fewer eyelets add to the minimalist look of the shoe. It reminds me of a pair of wholecut Berultis I saw a while ago that really struck me. However, a lot of people don't seem to like just 3 eyelets for some reason. Am I pushing the envelope by reducing the number of eyelets? Would this throw off the look and fit of the shoe? Thanks again!
I'll be there. I'm planning on getting the Newbury without the medallion and possibly with four eyelets instead of five on the 82 last in either antique burgundy or antique burnt pine. My other choice is the Oundle on the same last and color choice. What do you all recommend? I was told by Sky Valet that the prices will be the same as last time.
Wear a dark suit (navy or charcoal), white shirt, bow tie (dark color and/or pattern, not black) and white pocket square. That should be formale enough for your needs while not making you rent a tux.
Too Boot is overpriced and under quality. I use to own a few pairs before I knew better. They were the most uncomfortable shoes I owned. Once I upgraded, I threw mine in the trash. Save your money. At that price point, Allen Edmonds and Alden are a much better buy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Girardian I value this site for it's collective knowledge, input and insight. That's why I'm seeking feedback. The decisions are my own. As the saying goes, "please everyone and noone is pleased -- please yourself, and at least you're pleased." I agree with FNB. However, for things you are not sure about, defer to your tailor's judgement. My only $0.02 is that if its your first bespoke suit, don't go crazy...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser Unless you have your heart set on the 82 last and no medallion, I believe that Sky Valet has the Newbury with medallion in burnt pine on the 888 last in stock. You can save $100 and several months of wait. I did see those at Sky Valet, but unfortunately its not in my size. I wear a 7.5 and those are an 8.