or Connect

Posts by sammy

My next EG MTO will most likely be one or two of the following: Holborn (2 eyelet derby) in tobacco suede on 82 last Bamford (wholecut loafer) without medallion in chesnut on 101 last Ladbroke (oxford) in burgundy on 82 last Westminster (double buckle monk), in chesnut or burgundy on 82 last
I stuff a small amount of tissue to keep mine from falling.
Given your size, I'd go for a 6 button double breasted with a ticket pocket, side vents, and single reverse pleat trousers with braces. Go for a more military silhouette, a la Dege or Huntsman, with a suppressed waist and set shoulders. If this is going to be a special occasion suit, then you might opt for a material like sharkskin in navy or charcoal that has a little sheen and pizaz.
I use Field here in DC. Highly recommended.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Field Custom Tailor measures and fits custom shirts made by Geneva Custom Shirts in NYC. Geneva is one of the best. Field is at Wisconsin Ave and R Street, just south of the Social Safeway. I get my bespoke shirts at Field/Geneva. I've been very pleased. Field is on Wisconsin Ave, just north of Georgetown.
The London Lounge's home page has a photo of Gary Cooper wearing a Macclesfield tie: http://thelondonlounge.net/ BTW, I've been looking for one but with no luck. Where is a good source for Macclesfield ties, especially the black n white kind?
Quote: Originally Posted by Georges5 Corthay, Paris, France Gorgeous!
Quote: Originally Posted by rdawson808 Field does full bespoke? Or even MTM? I thought they were just alterations also. Any idea on prices for a DJ/tux? bob Field is a full bespoke service. It's a father and son operation. The father, William Field Sr., is an ex-Savile Row tailor and the son, William Field Jr., now runs the business. I've had one bespoke suit, some trousers, and a number of shirts made from them. The shirts are actually...
I use Field Tailors on Wisconsin Ave. They are the best in the area. C&Y looks more like an alterations shop than a bespoke tailor.
Yes, I too would choose a different tie. The shirt also seems a bit too formal for the jacket. Either go with a solid or very subtle check shirt and a lighter tie to bring out the blue windowpane in your jacket. Don't forget a pocket square! Like the jacket very much!