or Connect

Posts by sammy

How do you all normally place your orders? Is it safe to do so through email?
Anyone seen the Chelsea in black on the 888 last? Is this a good combo?
Where can I get a Macclesfied tie?
Where do you all buy your slim ties? All of the ties I've seen are at least 3.5 or 3.75? I prefer 3.25" myself.
First, I would reduce the amount of black you have in your wardrobe. Save it for the night clubs and funerals. Get yourself a navy blue blazer; a staple in any well dressed gentleman's closet. You can swap out the traditional gold buttons for horn ones if you don't like them. Next, a pair of black cap toe oxfords, and a pair of brown derbies. You can find good deals on quality brands like Allen Edmonds on eBay and Sierra Trading Post. At least one tie; perhaps burgundy to...
I think it could also work with a pearl grey summer suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by callen This is for my wedding. I am trying for a very traditional look. My basic plan is black tux, white custom fit tuxedo shirt, black bow tie, cumberbun, pants with no cuffs, and a white piece of linen. One last question. Do I need to wear (rent) patent shoes. I don't like them, I own a pair of Alan Edmunds Park Ave shoes that I usually just polish very well. Thoughts? Swap out the cummerbund for a vest.
The jacket seems to have more shape than what I expected from an A&S one. But that may just be due to the way its pinned on the mannequin. Very dapper.
Quote: Originally Posted by jml90 I'd wear some red socks and a matching pocket square Good Call! Very Dandified!
Quote: Originally Posted by Soph I'll start with the classic: 2. Black Persols Tortoise Persols!