or Connect

Posts by RSS

You rang?When I went to college (in the early 70s) I drove a late 60s model MB 280SE ... it was a 2-door.I'm not a car fanatic. I have almost always driven a car that is at least a few years old.
I've owned wallets from high to medium quality, and when used as a hip wallet, the curvature of the buttocks did ultimately affect the shape of each and every one ... including products by Launer. That said I can't speak to 'butt sweat'. I never find my wallet to be moist after use. My current wallet has been more affected by the number of cards (six total ) I carry. It's not 'worn out' per se -- no seams are unraveling -- but it has lost some shape ... or, more...
I always prefer fewer fittings ... then spending time with my tailor over dinner ... on me, of course.
Decades ago I asked my cutter, Colin Harvey, to make a black funeral suit for me. He replied, "I'm sure you mean charcoal grey." To this day there is no black suit in my wardrobe. Even my dinner suits are midnight blue. 12345Michael54321 offers excellent advice when it comes to color and pattern.
The London tailors I have used -- Richard Anderson, Anderson & Shepherd, Huntsman, Dege, etc -- provide a truly bespoke suit. The cost is upwards of $4K (possibly more as I never ask) and there will be multiple fittings. Of course, if meeting with them only on their trips to the United States, it can take a year or more to receive the final product. Unless one also frequently travels to London -- to speed up the process -- the fittings will be accomplished every four...
Thread's first post:Manton, if only you'd waited an election cycle. How on target you were.The Southern Strategy has finally claimed the GOP is full.
Richard Anderson is there ... oh ... what ... three times a year? Most of the London tailors visit New York.
If it's a hip wallet ... perhaps a year ... maybe a little longer. Breast wallets last for many years. I don't believe in spending a fortune on a wallet. I buy my hip wallets from Scuola del Cuoio in Florence. They look good and are reasonably priced. I buy my breast wallets from Ettinger. They are a bit costly but I'm going to go easy on them and they last a long time.
I would say that is generally true in Berkeley ... or I thought it was until the evening incident at my house. Besides, I grew my marijuana in the back yard.
One other incident with the Berkeley police before we left town: We had a knock at the door well after dark. It was a Berkeley policeman. He informed me that we had lights on in our crawl space. I guess he could see the light through the underfloor vents. I thanked him, mentioned that I'd shut them off and went to close the door. He stopped me from closing the door and asked to come in. I never consent to allowing the police in my house or to search my car ... there...