or Connect

Posts by RSS

I frequently wear my bow ties with a (moderately) spread collar. Below are a few of the paisleys .
Then you must accept the strong possibility that you will never be happy with the fit of your shoes. Given your decision, that's really all I have to add to this thread at this point. Best of luck.
As Journeyman, papa kot, and several others including yours truly have suggested, bespoke -- NOT ready-to-wear -- is the answer. Just bite the bullet and do it. It's time. Bespoke, bespoke, bespoke ... you'll never go back.
There are these contraptions called airplanes. Perhaps you have heard of them? They can whisk you away to London. May I suggest BA 002 ... via Singapore. Row 1 on the right side is nice and quiet ... and you'll get a good night's sleep.I've used Cleverley. I'm rather fond of what they made for me. If you look back far enough ... there are photos of a few of the ones they made for me.
You have issues with your feet. You have cash. You should have shoes made specifically for YOUR feet. Go bespoke.
I was at the airport yesterday and saw someone carrying a travel bag of a creamy white canvas with tan leather trim. It looked rather well made. I've searched on the internet but am having a hard time finding anything like it. Might any of you have any ideas as to who might make this? If yes, please consider sharing. Thanking you in advance.
I was at the airport yesterday and saw someone carrying a travel bag of a creamy white canvas with tan leather trim. It looked rather well made. I've searched on the internet but am having a hard time finding anything like it. Might any of you have any ideas as to who might make this? If yes, please consider sharing. Thanking you in advance.
Although there are certainly better and more expensive shoes ... a $400 pair of Allen Edmond's or Alden's will do the job ... even in the boardroom. I'll never forget sitting in the Brooks Brothers on Madison Avenue being fitted for a pair of Alden's. The man next to me -- also buying a pair -- said something about them being nice shoes for a young man like me. This was perhaps 40 years back. That man was David Rockefeller. If they are good enough for him, they are...
Happened to me last week. After I complained it was discovered that the package was left at a house down the street ... one with an address having the same numbers as mine but transposed.
You could always charge more ... or start the bidding higher ... and offer free shipping. There is something magic about 'free' ... even if it's just shipping.