or Connect

Posts by Bill Smith

Of those on the list, I would go with the IWC though the Scotsman in me thinks the Stowa is a great bang for the buck. Now if we were really going for cost is no object and style quotient, I am partial to the Glasutte Original Senator Sixties.
Go dark suit, dress shirt and no tie.
Cool watch. I find a lot of sport watches are trending towards alarm clock size. The largest I have is a Fortis Cosmonaut Diver and two dress watches one is a 1966 Omega Seamaster Deville at 34mm and the other is an earlier Seamaster from the early 1950s.
Don't dismiss synthetics entirely, there is a German pant line called Alberto that makes a decent pant out of a high tech synthetic, passes for wool and has great temperature control properties. They can be had in traditional flat front dress pant or the five pocket jean cut. Another firm called Brax sells pretty much the same thing.
Depends where. Personally I would go with the blazer a nice dress shirt, dark rinse jeans and brown loafers if it's a dinner date with someone special, a suit and tie would be overkill. The only time I would go out to eat with full suit and tie would be for business and even then it would be for closing a deal, I would go more casual if it's after a sports event.
Quote: Originally Posted by indesertum Hey how feasible is it to scan negatives and print either digitally or selectively to conserve costs. I was thinking of buying a good quality scanner so i didnt have to waste money on an enlarger and buying all the chemicals. I mean it's fun for awhile, but very resource and time consuming and I don't have too much time (or space for my own photo room, although I can develop the film pretty easily). A...
Quote: Originally Posted by michaeljkrell That M3 is beauiful Bill! I've thought about trying my hand at developing, but it just doesn't seem worth it in my case. There is actually a local place (thanks Robbie) that does b&w and C-41 for reasonable prices. Under $5 to develop b&w and about $3.50 to put them on CD (1200x1800). They also do hi-res scans (2988x4464) for $2 each. For color I am thinking of just going with Mpix. That's a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Biscotti Thanks to some of the above posters for the ass kicking; it was much needed I admit. I'm just going to take out loans. Instate is 8 grand a year, so the last four years will be $32,000 all together; I def don't believe that roughly $60000 is too much for tuition. I do plan to work whilst going through school, and I am working and saving right now. I don't have to worry with rent since my brother will let me...
Next question for the studio audience, how many of you send your film off to a lab or go do it yourself at least for black and white like me. I am equally comfortable shooting with Kodak Plus X and Tri-x and Ilford FP4 and HP5 using Xtol or D76 1+1 and if I want to push Tri-x to 3200 I stand develop with Rodinal 1+100 for two hours.
Nice camera collection Nantucket Red, my brother has a weak spot for Leicaflexes and older M bodies but his main format of choice these days is 4x5 with either a Graflex Speed Graphic or a Linhoff Super Technica.