or Connect

Posts by Bill Smith

My reasons are as follows: 1) Strengh training and endurance: I ski in the winter plus hike and bike in the Summer. Working out reduces injuries and improves endurance and balance. 2) Preventative maintainence: cut down my chances of heart disease, cancer and other chronic lifestyle diseases that creep up on you when you get older and don't take care of yourself. 3) Vanity: I like looking good. People who meet me think I am younger than I am and I want to keep it...
Another vote for the vintage safety razor, brush and shave soap combo. I want to try a straight razor at some point.
If you are out of Toronto and have access to wheels, drive out to Oakville and check out Garvey's, they have a special on particular model of Jack Victor suit at $550. I would go for the navy or charcoal for starters. I second the recommendation on Allen Edmond shoes, they might be out of your price bracket but well looked after, they are an investment that will last for 15 years. BTW, Contgratulations on getting a job as an investment banker, I'm surprised they are...
Recovering WASP Preppie crossed with corporate elite meets Bohemian Bourgoisie.
Quote: Originally Posted by Alter Not so rare then. How about Montreal? Montreal would be good call but the weather can be really hit or miss before May. Take this from someone who spent his childhood growing up in Montreal. Another suggestion is Toronto, the recently expanded Art Gallery of Ontario has re-opened, The Royal Ontario Museum re-opened after renovations last year and there is a very strong arts and culture scene at the...
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek Just thought of another question. What are the major food markets downtown? I know there's one at/near Queen's Quay. Anything else? I'm used to the Jean-Talon and Atwater markets in Montreal. Being without that sort of thing would make me sad. St. Lawarence Market is our version of the Atwater Market and there is also Kensington Market as well.
Some shots from this past winter shot with a 40 year old Nikkormat and a 30 year old Nikon FM with real black and white film. Scans are taken from the negative and yes it was bitter cold out there when I took them.
Depends where, if I was commuting around downtown Toronto from April to November, a vintage Vespa so I can indulge in my inner mod.
I have four pairs of Chinos, used to have more when I was younger. Now I am wearing jeans (mostly dark rinse) more often as I become older (now 40). I work in a semi creative field so suits are for meeting with clients.
Just graduated from my Public Relations Diploma program in december which I have been doing at night at Ryerson University in Toronto and my last project ended back in November and it's been slog looking for work ever since people are a little hesitant to hire. I am doing some volunteering with a local arts group I founded three years ago and doing a lot of networking. Public Relations is in much better shape than advertising and Toronto is in pretty good shape compared to...