or Connect

Posts by Bill Smith

Depends where, if I was commuting around downtown Toronto from April to November, a vintage Vespa so I can indulge in my inner mod.
I have four pairs of Chinos, used to have more when I was younger. Now I am wearing jeans (mostly dark rinse) more often as I become older (now 40). I work in a semi creative field so suits are for meeting with clients.
Just graduated from my Public Relations Diploma program in december which I have been doing at night at Ryerson University in Toronto and my last project ended back in November and it's been slog looking for work ever since people are a little hesitant to hire. I am doing some volunteering with a local arts group I founded three years ago and doing a lot of networking. Public Relations is in much better shape than advertising and Toronto is in pretty good shape compared to...
Mecha Streisand and the famous Scientology episode where Tom Cruise locks himself in the closet.
I dig the Audi A5 because I don't see too many on the road here. I think they got it right with the styling, besides, the BMW 3 series is a cliche in my part of the world
Seiko is that one sleeper brand I hope stays that way. With Swiss watchmakers taking their product further and further upmarket, I am looking at Seikos Japan only automatics with greater interest.
Of those on the list, I would go with the IWC though the Scotsman in me thinks the Stowa is a great bang for the buck. Now if we were really going for cost is no object and style quotient, I am partial to the Glasutte Original Senator Sixties.
Go dark suit, dress shirt and no tie.
Cool watch. I find a lot of sport watches are trending towards alarm clock size. The largest I have is a Fortis Cosmonaut Diver and two dress watches one is a 1966 Omega Seamaster Deville at 34mm and the other is an earlier Seamaster from the early 1950s.
Don't dismiss synthetics entirely, there is a German pant line called Alberto that makes a decent pant out of a high tech synthetic, passes for wool and has great temperature control properties. They can be had in traditional flat front dress pant or the five pocket jean cut. Another firm called Brax sells pretty much the same thing.